This Page

has been moved to new address

Win (Re)Cycler by Lauren McLaughlin

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Win (Re)Cycler by Lauren McLaughlin

(Re)Cycler hits stores this month, and this is your chance to win an ARC edition!



How do you grow up, if who you are keeps changing?

Jill McTeague is not your average high school graduate, she’s a scientific anomaly. Every month for four days she turns into Jack, a guy—complete with all the parts. Now everyone in her hometown knows that something very weird is up with her. So what’s a girl (and a guy) to do? Get the heck out of town, that’s what! With her kooky best friend, Ramie, Jill sets out for New York City. There both she and Jack will have to figure out everything from the usual (relationships) to the not so usual (career options for a “cycler,” anyone?).

As in Cycler, the first book featuring Jack and Jill, author Lauren McLaughlin deftly weaves the downright mundane with the outright bizarre in a story that, while defying classification, is peopled with characters that readers can fully relate to.


Answer this question and leave an email address to enter:
If you were changed into the opposite gender 4 days a month, what would your other name be? (You must do this to qualify for any extra entries)

Extra Entries:
+1 Becoming a follower
+2 Already being a follower
+1 Following me on twitter (Leave a username)
+2 Linking to this contest (Leave a link)


Contest will end August 25! US Only

27 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Wow, there's a question you're not asked everyday! Let's see...my name would probably be Michael or Ryan. Don't ask me why, just like the names! =0)

Gina
grgenius(at)go(dot)com

+1 follower on Twitter (@GRgenius)
+2 retweeting contest!

August 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

lol this is an awesome ? haha!! umm I would have to say either Liam or Aiden those two have always been my favorite names =)

+2 Already was a follower
+1 Following on twitter (@leslielv08)
+2 Link on sidebar http://thatchickthatreads.blogspot.com

leslie-lv at hotmail dot com

August 12, 2009 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Lindsay :) said...

Hmm I would probably choose Louis or Lucas. The book sounds really good and like something different.

+2 already a follower
+2 posting about it here:
http://justanotherbookaddict.blogspot.com/2009/08/contest-alert_12.html

August 12, 2009 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Debbie F said...

Please enter me
+2 already a follower. thanks
dcf_beth at verizon dot net

August 12, 2009 at 2:13 PM  
Anonymous Lauren McLaughlin said...

Clyde. Definitely Clyde. But don't enter me because I've already read it ;)

August 12, 2009 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Enter me! I'm already a follower.
My name would be Phineas. =]
katiesbookshelf@ymail.com

August 12, 2009 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger jjoelle said...

Hahaa. I'd choose charlie or mario since those are the guy names my friends call me by. :)
I think I'm leaning more towards Charlie though. lol.

+2 Already being a follower
+1 Following me on twitter (jennythaon)

jenny.n94@gmail.com

August 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger cait045 said...

I would pick Joseph so I could have the nickname Joey. I love nicknames

+1 Becoming a follower
+1 Following on Twitter (@cait045)
+2 Linking the contest (http://twitter.com/cait045)

August 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

I'd say my name would be Alex. I've always liked the neutrality of that name.

+1 I'm a follower!

Thanks so much!
Cari neohippy10 at hotmail dot com

August 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Kelsey said...

+2- already a follower(:

kelseythebookscout@gmail.com

August 13, 2009 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Bianca said...

I would probably choose something like Jacoby! After one of my favorite baseball players!

+2 already a follower
+1 follow you on twitter @bianca1946
+2 http://twitter.com/Bianca1946/status/3287302756

infinitemusic19 at gmail dot com

August 13, 2009 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger BN Book Blog said...

I think that I'd choose Matt... that was supposed to be my name anyway (my dad thought that I was a boy).
+2 We're already followers.

Beth (& Nathan)
bnbookblog@gmail.com

August 13, 2009 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Hailey Miller said...

My name would be Max I think!

I have been a follower for a day or two does that count as being an old member? well if it does then...

+2 For being an old blogger follower!

Shadowofwonder47[at]yahoo[dot]com

August 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger little miss gnomide said...

I think my name would be Felix.

I became a follower here and on twitter.

:)

gwendolyn dot derosa at gmail dot com

August 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger aliciasaywha said...

My name would definitely be Liam. Hands down!

+1 Becoming a follower
+1 Following me on twitter (aliciasaywha)
+2 Linking to this contest (http://aliciasaywha.blogspot.com/2009/08/like-good-read.html) Andddd first post is your contest ftw! (;

August 13, 2009 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

i would definently call my self rex. it's like the coolest, most random name that's still a name, name.

just became a follower.
fuzpuppy@live.com

August 13, 2009 at 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I turned into a boy for 4 days a month my other name would be Tyler

August 15, 2009 at 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I turned into a boy for 4 days a month my other name would be Tyler.

Drama_chick411@hotmail.com

August 15, 2009 at 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If i turned into a boy
for 4 days a month my name would
have to be.....Freddie so manly lol
+2 Already a follower

factory_girl450@yahoo.com

August 15, 2009 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

My other name would definitely be Spencer!

+2 Already being a follower

love-adelaide(at)live(dot)com

August 15, 2009 at 9:48 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Wow I didn't know that they made a sequel...awesome! My boy name would probably be Alex. booksobsession(at)gmail(dot)com

+2 I follow you already.

+1 I follow you on twitter - booksobsession.

+2 I posted this on my sidebar at http://booksobsession.blogspot.com

August 17, 2009 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Senfaye said...

Ummmm... Leo! :D I love the name Leo!

+2 Already a follower

+1 Follow you on twitter (@Senfaye)

+2 Linked: http://twitter.com/Senfaye/status/3464658271 I don't know if twitter counts, but I linked to it there.

Thanks Erica!

-Senfaye
annieluvsmuffin@Gmail.com

August 21, 2009 at 10:55 PM  
Blogger Korianne said...

If you were changed into the opposite gender 4 days a month, what would your other name be? Well Kori/Cory (the shortened version of my name) is already a boys name. But I am going to go with Kurt. I don't really know why, just Kurt.

+2 Already a follower
+1 Following on twitter (@koriannespeaks)
+2 Linking to this contest: http://koriannelovescontests.blogspot.com/2009/08/contests-i-entered-on-august-21st.html

August 21, 2009 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger Korianne said...

Oh, and my email is koriannespeaks@gmail.com

August 21, 2009 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

If you were changed into the opposite gender 4 days a month, what would your other name be?
Hmm... Well, I can't think of any male version of Genevieve. But I was going to be named Brennen if I was a boy, so I guess it will do.

+1 Becoming a follower
+2 Linking to this contest. My sidebar:
http://caprubia.blogspot.com/

caprubia(at)gmail(dot)com

August 21, 2009 at 11:39 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

First of all, I don't know which would be worse - being a boy for 4 days or dealing with PMS. *shudder*

That said, my boy name might be...Luke? As in, the werewolf from The Mortal Instruments. There's something about the sound of that name that I really like.

+1 becoming a follower
+2 linking to the contest at http://starvingforbooks.blogspot.com

August 24, 2009 at 1:16 AM  
Anonymous Emma said...

My other name would be Tevor, or Venice.

August 31, 2009 at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home