This Page

has been moved to new address

Blog Tour: Interview with Judith Graves

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blog Tour: Interview with Judith Graves


I'd like to welcome Judith Graves! Judith Graves has stopped by to answer a few questions! Her debut novel, Under My Skin, comes out March 27th.

Was there any character in Under My Skin you really identified with or favored writing?

I enjoyed writing all the characters in UMS. The trio, Eryn, Alec, and Wade took up most of my time, but I had a blast with the supporting characters. Paige, Eryn’s snooty, popular cousin, was probably my favourite. Paige held nothing back…and don’t we all wish we could just blurt out whatever we wanted and damn the consequences?

Where did you get your idea for Under My Skin?

The folklore section of the library has always fascinated me, so much so that I started collecting texts, buying them at used bookstores, garage sales. One day I bought a strange black volume all about Windigos, a creature from the Plains Cree (one of Alberta’s First Nations peoples) and other aboriginal cultures. I wondered what would happen if myths from different cultures came head to head. Who would win? What would happen to humans caught in the fray? And so…UMS was born.

3) What is your favorite supernatural creature?

Hmmm....that’s a toughie. Besides vamps/weres, I’d have to say the lore behind banshees and sirens does call to me (pun intended). I’m a singer/songwriter, as well as fiction author….so the idea that one could influence others with their voices (for good or evil purposes) is pretty cool.

Why do you think paranormal is such a hit with Young Adult recently?

I think the YA market has finally caught up with the adult market – in which paranormal fiction has been popular for a long, long time.

I hear you help with the school choir and the drama club, do you have a favorite musical?

I do! I work in an elementary school library and my artsy-fartsy nature has branched out to other areas of the school. I have such a great time accompanying the kids on guitar. They ROCK! Drama club is stellar as well. We’re filming four short movies over the school year and presenting them to the entire school for a red-carpet viewing…our version of Cannes.  I haven’t seen that many musicals, but I was amazed by Phantom of the Opera. I saw it with my husband, on our honeymoon, in the Pantages Theatre in Toronto. Simply stunning. I loved that they piped the overture (through speakers) outside into the street. As you left the show, the music followed you…a gradual transition back to the real world. Nice.



Thanks so much for the cool questions Erica, and for letting me visit your world. ;)
Judith


Find Out More About Judith Graves and Under My Skin at:
Website http://www.judithgraves.com/
Wolfy Chicks Blog http://wolfychicks.blogspot.com/
Book Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s3kQ4nnSEk
Publisher’s Website www.leapbks.com
Class of 2k10 website www.class2k10.com
Class of 2k10 trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0H79WFPYpc&feature
Free Read: Old Flames Die Hard http://www.leapbks.com/exclusives/ofdh.html

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Monica Corwin said...

Great Interview. I adore The Phantom of the Opera as well :)

March 16, 2010 at 5:24 AM  
Anonymous Faith | Postcard Printing said...

I enjoyed your interview with Judith Graves, I may not read any of her books now I'll be grabbing copies of her book. Great post.

March 16, 2010 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Judith Graves said...

Hey Erica! Wowza, you've got some fantastic authors featured on this blog. I'm in good company. ;) Thanks!

Monica - yup Phantom is awesome.

Faith - thanks for commenting!

March 16, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home