This Page

has been moved to new address

The Bright Side of Blogging

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Bright Side of Blogging

The blogashapere is such a wonderful place. It's filled with lovely people and just so much! There is so much going on in the blogasphere right now, and so much is negative and dark! I love blogging, it's one of my favorites passtimes and something I absolutely love.

I have met so many wonderful people, bloggers and authors both. I've heard people say you can't make friends online, but I have made so many wonderful friends from blogging. I talked to Chelsea from The Page Flipper for months and finally got to meet her by taking a 7 hour bus ride. It was so much fun! I talk to Khy, Sarah, and Zoe most nights out of the week. I haven't had the opportunity to meet the three of them, but in May I get to meet Khy and Sarah :). Then I've also met my fellow blogger Kristen, who has become my signing buddy. I also had the opportunity to meet the wonderful Kristi (who is even nicer in person that she seems online). This is only to name a few! I've met so many other people, and they are all wonderful.

Lately in my life, there's been a lot going on. I've been stressed, and it's so lovely to come home and I can blog, and I don't have to worry about anything else. No one has any expectations, and I don't have to worry about anything. The people in the blogasphere are the most accepting, friendly people I've "met". Despite I haven't met all of the people I've met through blogging, I feel like I know them. I love the blogasphere.

Here's the other blogs that are posting their bright side of blogging this week.
Here are the other bloggers and I hope that you visit them.
Sunday April 25th: Sarah's Random Musings
Tuesday April 27th: Zoe's Book Reviews
Wednesday April 28th: Frenetic Reader
Thursday April 29th: Persnickety Snark
Friday April 30th: The Page Flipper
Saturday May 1st: The Compulsive Reader

If you want to make your own bright side, go link it at Sarah's blog! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Great post! I totally agree with you. And it's really weird because, for the most part, most of the bloggers I've met in real life I've clicked w/immediately. Books can really bring people together!

April 27, 2010 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Sarah Woodard said...

Thanks for posting Erica. Amazing post!

April 28, 2010 at 3:12 AM  
Blogger Raíla said...

Oh, yes. I can say it, Sara. In almost 5 months of blogging, I haven't made many friends, but I've made one, which I ADORE. Though, we can't met often because we live far away from each other, you know? I live in Brazil, she lives in Canada. Imagine that! Hahah. Books REALLY, REALLY bring people together! Nice post! :-)

April 28, 2010 at 4:41 AM  
Blogger Alexia561 said...

Excellent post! You are so right about the blogasphere being a wonderful place filled with wonderful people! I've met so many great blogging buddies online, and looking forward to finally meeting some of them this May at BEA! Books really can bring people together, and I'm so glad that I discovered blogging! Thanks for a wonderful post Erica!

April 29, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home