This Page

has been moved to new address

What happened at BEA? (Sun-Tues)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Sunday, May 30, 2010

What happened at BEA? (Sun-Tues)


I had the oportunity to go to the Book Expo of America last week, and I had an awesome time! It was a great event and I met so many wonderful people. Here's my week of BEA.

I got to New York on Sunday, and mainly just hung out with Mitali, Alicia, Emilee, and Chelsea. We headed to Pier 17, which has an amazing view. Mitali also got hit on by some desperate, wanna-be med students. Later that night, we were joined by Kristi and were off to have dinner with JULIA HOBAN! I loved Willow, and I had met Julia once before, but still I was so excited! I also got to meet my other roommate other than Kristi, Cat, who was totally cool and had the coolest hair ever!

Monday morning I went off to tour New York University, and on my way home I had a lovely adventure called: Erica Gets Lost On The Subway for 2 Hours and Ends Up In Brooklyn. It was very fun. I had no clue where I was, and I am awful with the subway system. After I finally found my way back to my hotel, I grabbed my books for the Teen Author Carnival and headed off! The TAC was so much fun! I finally got to meet Susane Colasanti (who I have tried to meet twice now!), Heidi R. Kling, Sarah Ockler and so many other stellar authors! I also got to see Stephanie Kuehnert once again, who is awesome!

Tuesday was another day of visiting colleges, today was Columbia. I went with Sarah and Khy. After that we headed to the Javits Center to pick up our badges for BEA. On our way, we saw Stephanie Kuehnert walking away and I had a minor spaz attack. I was like "OMG! IT'S STEPHANIE KUEHNERT"

I then ventured off to tea at a shop called Sweetie Pie with a huge group of bloggers (Khy, Khy's Mom, Susan, James, Pam, Laura, Alea, Gail, Cat, and I think I'm missing another person). It was fun, and at the end they served us like bite size cakes. They gave Gail orange cake, and she politely asked for chocolate. The lady were very insistant and was like "Try a bite. Just try it" Gail politely said, "I don't like orange." The worker "I don't like orange either, but this is great" This went on for a bit, and finally Gail was brought her chocolate cake. I teased her all week about this, and kept telling her to eat the cake, just try a bite. It was the most expensive tea ever!

Then that night I went to see Promises, Promises on Broadway with Heidi R Kling, Sarah Ockler, Kody Keplinger, and Chelsea Campbell which was amazing! We didn't get to see Kristin Chenoweth, but oh my gosh can her understudy sing. She had an amazing voice! *wishes I could sing that well* It was so much fun!

Check back tomorrow for more of what happened at BEA!

9 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I wish I could go, but it's a little difficult when you live in another country *sigh*

May 30, 2010 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger April (BooksandWine) said...

I can't wait to see your next recap, and am so glad your first days in NYC went well, minus the whole subway incident! :-)

May 30, 2010 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Bianca said...

OH MY GOD! You got to see Promises, Promises with all those awesome authors?! That's cool.

And getting lost is definitely some I'm good at.

May 30, 2010 at 3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your recap. It tells about some of the fun you had other than just the books.

May 30, 2010 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 30, 2010 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Hi stranger! It feels like I haven't been by your blog in ages! Anyhoo, it sounds like you had a great time! I'm excited to read more - I'm living vicariously through everyone who went to BEA this year! lol

May 30, 2010 at 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Cat @ Beyond Books said...

I love that you titled your "lost in Brooklyn" adventure. I still remember when you called Kristi and she was all "she's lost somewhere in NY!" hahaha But you survived! We'll make a New Yorker out of you soon! (If you choose NYU I'll just be 7 hours away by car! 13 if you take the train ;P).

Thank you for the hair complement. I'm not a vain person but gosh darnit I like to be as creative as I can get away with with my hair! ;) I wish the bubble gum pink didn't get washed out by the purple this time. Boo.

You and Kristi were the best roommates ever!

May 30, 2010 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Kuehnert said...

Hee hee, I was excited to see you as well and thought it was so funny when we bumped into each other outside of Javits

May 31, 2010 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Pam Pho said...

omg that was so funny about the cake! I thought Gale was going to get orange cake in the face!

May 31, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home