This Page

has been moved to new address

Sea Change Giveaway

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sea Change Giveaway

In honor of Sea Change's paperback release, I have one stellar summer giveaway for you.

16-year-old Miranda Merchant is great at science...and not so great with boys. After major drama with her boyfriend and (now ex) best friend, she's happy to spend the summer on small, mysterious Selkie Island, helping her mother sort out her late grandmother's estate.

There, Miranda finds new friends and an island with a mysterious, mystical history, presenting her with facts her logical, scientific mind can't make sense of. She also meets Leo, who challenges everything she thought she knew about boys, friendship...and reality.

Is Leo hiding something? Or is he something that she never could have imagined?

You can find out more about Sea Change on Aimee Friedman's Website or the publishers website

One winner will receive a paperback copy of Sea Change AND one of these awesome handmade bamboo mats!

How to enter?

Answer this question: What would you do if you met a mermaid? AND leave an email or way to contact you.

Get an extra entry for linking to this contest.

Ends JULY 15th. US ONLY.

Labels:

53 Comments:

Blogger Chapter Chicks said...

If I met a mermaid I know EXACTLY what I'd do. (after jumping for joy that I now have proof that I'm not crazy and that magical creatures and things still exist) I would ask him or her a million questions and then beg for them to take me home with them so I could live there too! :)

skelly(dot)jessica@gmail(dot)com

June 29, 2010 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If I met a mermaid, I would be really excited to discover that they actually exist! It would be cool to have a mermaid friend :)

swordsforfighting at yahoo dot com

June 29, 2010 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

If I met a mermaid,after I got over my shock, I would ask her to turn me into one so I could swim the ocean.

marcie.turner@yahoo.com

June 29, 2010 at 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be in shock, I'm not sure what I would do.

atomicxrawr@yahoo.com

June 29, 2010 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Jessica N. said...

If I met a mermaid I think I'd honestly probably think I was crazy at first! Then when I was sure I wasn't insane, I'd be ecstatic! Likely I'd probably ask the mermaid a million questions and then see if I could go visit :). That would be so cool!

roses7184(at)gmail(dot)com

Linked to you in my sidebar at A Fanatic's Book Blog

June 29, 2010 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Reyna Meinhardt said...

If I met a mermaid I would ask if if I could become one to! I have always been fascinated with mermaids!
countrystars95@yahoo.com

June 29, 2010 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

If I met a mermaid, I would ask if there was any way I could be one too!

http://twitter.com/TeenageBkLvr/status/17351289359

Alex
alexreadsbooks at gmail dot com

June 29, 2010 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Onge said...

If I met a mermaid I think I would like to get to know them. It would be interesting to see how they live under the sea, how close or different from human life.
chickenherder@hotmail.com
Thanks for the awesome giveaway!!

June 29, 2010 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger  flanpnhfpnanfnFN said...

If i met a mermaid...i think i'd want to ask him/her a lot of questions. What's it like to have fins? Do you ever get tired of the ocean?...and the mermaid would get annoyed with my neverending string of questions and swim away and then i would add it to the list of things that make me crazy-

fraijikhadija@hotmail.com

June 29, 2010 at 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 29, 2010 at 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I met a mermaid I would ask him/her loads of questions about their life and such and of course, I'd ask to become one!

I tweeted here

twilightforever.edward(at)gmail.com

June 29, 2010 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If i met one too I'd have to see if there was a way to become one, of course now would be bad timing to met a mermaid with the oil spill and all maybe i'd save it from the oil and bring it home with me ;)

June 29, 2010 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh jessilyn22@live.com

June 29, 2010 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Kayla :) said...

If I met a mermaid...I'd probably freak out! Then I'd want it to be my friend :)

kayla3194 at gmail dot com

June 29, 2010 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Speech Delay Mamma said...

Oh my god, I would totally make them my best friend and ride on their back as they swam me through the ocean. I'd make them plait my hair and find pearls at the bottom of the sea :D

Tweeted for another entry: http://twitter.com/ChanelleGray/statuses/17355235032

chanelle(@)chanellegray.com

+2 entries.

June 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If I met a mermaid I would ask them tons of questions about what they've seen underwater! :)

keitradripps@hotmail.com

June 29, 2010 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Jessica B said...

I'd ask them how they go to the bathroom.

shutupjessicasreading @ gmaildotcom

June 29, 2010 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Sophia said...

If I met a mermaid, I would be screaming in joy inside, and asking a bunch of questions to the mermaid, and then try to find out how I can be a mermaid too :)
sophiayunjin@gmail.com

Extra Entry: twitter.com/adidaswbm
+2 entries ^.^

June 29, 2010 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

If I met a mermaid...I think I would assume I was insane.. but then again maybe not. I would try to talk to one...

dragonzgoil at gmail dot com

June 29, 2010 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger Michele P. said...

if I met a mermaid, I would ask her about the wonderful magical yet mystical creatures of the sea... then ask her to sing one of her lovely "siren" songs that drew sailors to rocky shores...

micaela6955 at msn dot com

June 29, 2010 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Alison Can Read said...

Depends. I'd be fascinated but mostly scared that he/she would be dangerous. I'd swim the other way.

reddyrat at gmail dot com

June 29, 2010 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Mable L. said...

I would probably faint from shock upon seeing something that doesn't exist in reality.

Linked to my facebook
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1434272972

My email: fantasymagic101@yahoo.com

June 29, 2010 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Anushree said...

If I met a mermaid, I'd be curious to where they live. I'd ask her, and then also help her, cause of course she's probably gonna need some water! Unless we WERE in the ocean. I'd also take pictures of her to show people that I really did see one, but of course, I wouldn't capture her or anything. I'd just write a little about her down, but not share it too much. Mostly I'd make sure she would be comfortable and of course, safe.

June 29, 2010 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger latishajean said...

If I saw a mermaid I think I would be thinking I was crazy and freck out and after the shock I would ask some questions about the world under the sea :)
tishajean@charter.net

June 29, 2010 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Anthony L. Isom said...

If I met a mermaid, I'd experiment on her to divine the secrets of her powers. And then, once I'd exploited them, use them to reek havoc on the undersea world! Mwuhahahaha!!! (J/K). EMAIL: ridersofapocalypse07@gmail.com

June 29, 2010 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

I'd have to interrogate them for hours. Then I use all that info to write a best seller.


alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

June 29, 2010 at 11:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It would be so cool to meet a mermaid. I would try and act cool, like nothing was weird. Then when I left I would SQUEEEE like crazy ;)

robin [at] intensewhisper [dot] com

June 30, 2010 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

If I met a mermaid, I would probably ask them if they knew any dolphins I could swim with. I've always wanted to do that, but I live in the Midwest! Lol.

n_monzyk_27(at)yahoo(dot)com

June 30, 2010 at 12:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would go swimming with her! I've always wanted to do something like that! jeremywest91@gmail.com

June 30, 2010 at 3:37 AM  
Blogger Sophia said...

I'd be all, "Oh my gosh! Nice costume!" And then when I realize that, in fact, I cannot pull off her fins, I'd take millions of pictures and interview her!

Sophia Lee
mashimaro401[at]yahoo[dot]com

June 30, 2010 at 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, if I ever met a mermaid I would ask if she (he?) enjoyed being a mermaid. And if not, I would ask of they wanted to switch for a day ! Haha :D

~Alison
lostinbelieving(at)yahoo(dot)com

June 30, 2010 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger nymfaux said...

Oooooh, this book looks SO GOOD!!!!!!

If I met a mermaid...I would double-check if it was the good or evil kind, and if it was the good kind, I'd want to transform and swim everywhere and see everything--If it was the bad kind, I'd probably be unprepared, and it would not go well...

linked to my sidebar:
http://nymfaux.blogspot.com/

June 30, 2010 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger throuthehaze said...

If I met a mermaid I would go into shock. After I got over that I would proceed to slowly back away and then start running :)
throuthehaze at gmail dot com

June 30, 2010 at 2:00 PM  
Blogger tetewa said...

Since I love to swim probably jump in and go swimming with her! tWarner419@aol.com

June 30, 2010 at 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I met a mermaid I'd probably spend several minutes freaking out it'd probably go something like this:
"oh my freaking god, this cannot be happening. This sort of crap happens in book, and it just doesn't happen to me."
Then after I calmed down I'd be asking every question that came to mind no matter how stupid the question was.

sandyg0261@yahoo.com

linked through twitter:
http://twitter.com/sandyg02/status/17443845055

June 30, 2010 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Bookish in a Box said...

If I met a mermaid, I'd probably asked her if she minded me poking around her tail a bit. I've always wondered how it really worked for swimming. It seems like they'd be a bit off-balance in the water.

whatinabox at gmail dot com

Link: http://bookishinabox.blogspot.com/2010/07/giveaways-week-of-627.html

July 2, 2010 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger donnas said...

Once I got over the shock. I would ask a million questions and beg for a photo.

tweet - http://twitter.com/DonnaS1/status/17631314127

bacchus76 at myself dot com

July 3, 2010 at 2:38 AM  
Anonymous Julie said...

I would ask every question in my mind!!

julie102794@gmail.com

July 3, 2010 at 10:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'd would swoon. Seriously. How awesome would it be if I actually met one? Then I'd ask if she knew Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Then I'd get into all the scientific stuff-like how they breathe and such. :)

+1 I linked this to my sidebar.

Thanks for the giveaway!
Sarah L
two_of_hearts_101 at yahoo dot com

July 4, 2010 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Aik said...

I'd ask her to give me a tour in the underwater world.

+1 Tweeted:
http://twitter.com/aikchien/status/17800431288

aikychien at yahoo dot com

July 5, 2010 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger skyla11377 said...

Well, if a met a mermaid first I would think I was seeing things or crazy. Then when the shock wore off I would have so many questions to ask. One in particular would be if I could be a mermaind for a day. I am not sure I would want to be one forever but it would be kool to see what being a mermaid would be like.

+1 I Tweeted About This Giveaway On twitter (@skyla11377).
http://twitter.com/skyla11377/status/17812045554


skyla11377(At)AOL(Dot)Com

July 5, 2010 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

If i were a mermaid I would swim with dolphins. Frighten sailers and look for lost treasure.

kennifernjennyatgmaildotcom

July 10, 2010 at 1:20 AM  
Blogger Eden said...

If I met a mermaid I'd probably be hesitant to believe it and then be shocked and then sooo amazed. Finally, though, I'd get to know her and see if we could become friends. Then I'd ask her if there was a way I could become like her. Some old family secret, maybe??

xnzkisha17@yahoo.com
http://twitter.com/bkobsessed17/status/18230922697

July 10, 2010 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I would think that my inner fantastical reality had finally come true! LOL I have always loved everything fantasy, so meeting a mermaid would totally flip my skirt!

the_happy_soul@yahoo.com

July 10, 2010 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Cass said...

I love the idea of mermaids, and so I'd befriend them. Together we could do amazing things! :D Maybe after decades of spending time together, I can grow a mermaid's tail and gills, or whatever they have that allows them to stay underwater.

http://twitter.com/cc9309/status/18256029601

cc932005[at]hotmail[dot]com

July 11, 2010 at 3:46 AM  
Blogger E.J. Stevens said...

If I met a mermaid, I would probably run screaming since I grew up on the old terrifying stories of selkies and such. ;)

Wonderful giveaway!

xx,
E.J.

e.j.stevens.author[at]gmail[dot]com

July 11, 2010 at 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would go swimming!

readingvacation(at)att.net

July 11, 2010 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Rica Eat World said...

If I met I mermaid, first I would freak out. Then, I would ask for a ride on her back :)

I tweeted: http://twitter.com/xoxo4rica/status/18418447422

Thanks for the giveaway!!

xoxo4rica@gmail.com

July 13, 2010 at 3:01 AM  
Blogger ~The Book Pixie said...

If I met a mermaid I would run and get my camera so I would not only have proof, but also so I could do a photo shoot. Awesomeness! :D

+1 Tweeted: http://twitter.com/thebookpixie/statuses/18479413571

~Briana
thebookpixie[at]yahoo[dot]com

July 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger PeechieKeen said...

If I met a mermaid, I'd ask for details about its life!

kittenlover03@sbcglobal.net

July 13, 2010 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

i would go crazy insane! i mean, mermaids are so cool.

July 15, 2010 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger Vidisha said...

If i met a mermaid...i will probably ask a lot of questions....about how they live and all..


vidishamun@gmail.com

July 15, 2010 at 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I met a mermaid, I would ask if I could be one...or if they could get me some awesome shell or something from the bottom of the ocean.

bookmac13@gmail.com

July 15, 2010 at 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home