This Page

has been moved to new address

BBAW: Interview Swap - Kristi from PeetSwea

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BBAW: Interview Swap - Kristi from PeetSwea


I'm very excited to be interviewing the lovely Kristi from PeetSwea for the Book Blogger Appreciation Week interview swap!

How did you start book blogging? What has been your favorite part so far?
My blog started as a general blog to capture my thoughts a few years prior to turning into a book blog. After listening to the Manic Mommies podcast and learning about their book club on their site, I found Mari at Bookworm with a View. This was my first introduction to book blogging and I thought that it was a perfect match for my love of books. My favorite part of book blogging has been the introduction to so many new books that I never would have heard of, had it not been for this community. I am constantly amazed by the fantastic reviews and wide range of recommendations that are at my fingertips.

What was the first book blog you discovered?
Bookworm with a View. Mari and I have very similar taste in books and I love her Quick Takes, which provide a brief overview of her thoughts and recommendations.

What has been your favorite book you've read this year so far?
I think that it's a pretty close race between Kelly O'Connor McNees' The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott and Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows' The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Both books tickled my historical fiction fancy!

Since you like to cook, do you have a favorite recipe?
An easy recipe that I go back to over and over again is Bow Ties Romano - I've included a link to the recipe from my site (http://peetswea.blogspot.com/2010/02/recipe-bow-ties-romano.html)

What's your favorite food?
I am a sucker for sushi - eel rolls, tempura, spicy tuna - yum! If I had a chance to relive one meal over again though, it would be the Peking Duck that I had while I was in Hong Kong last April. Our host ordered a seven course dinner for us and each choice was absolutely amazing.

What makes you pick up a book?
I love a beautiful cover as much as the next person, but the synopsis on the back cover is usually what sells me. If there's any mention of Europe in World War II, there's a good chance that I'm sold.

If you could travel any place, where would it be?
No question, Italy. I've been fortunate enough to travel quite a bit with my job, but haven't had a chance to go to Italy yet. Rome, Venice, Florence, Capri, Sardinia, Lake Como - there isn't a long enough vacation for me to see all that I want to see. I may just have to move there for a few years.

If there was one thing you wish you had known when you started blogging, what would it be?
I wish that I had known that I didn't need to be shy when approaching other book bloggers for advice and help. The book blogging community is a close-knit group, but they are gracious and welcoming and more than willing to bring a new kid into the fold. It's been great to meet so many new people this year!

---


I hope you all enjoyed her answers, I think I will definately have to check out the 2 books she's read in 2010 so far - they sound great! Don't forget to drop by Kristi's blog and say hello! And I hope everyone else has a fun rest of Book Blogger Appreciation Week!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Cecelia said...

Food! Books! Love the interview (and will have to try that recipe...)!

September 14, 2010 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger LM Preston said...

Blogging is soooo addictive! I'm gonna check out Kristi's blog. I love finding out more about bloggers.

September 14, 2010 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Such a cute interview! I'm going to check out her blog now :)

September 15, 2010 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger mpartyka said...

Thanks for the shout out Kristi! I had no idea that I was the first blog you read (I'm honored).

Great interview!

September 21, 2010 at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home