This Page

has been moved to new address

Near Witch Rap + Giveaway + Mini Interview with Victoria Schwab

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, May 2, 2011

Near Witch Rap + Giveaway + Mini Interview with Victoria Schwab

So, TODAY MARKS THE THREE MONTH MARK UNTIL THE NEAR WITCH IS RELEASED. And we have a treat for you! First, Victoria was kind enough to answer a few questions:

Describe The Near Witch in 5 words or less :)

--Bewitching wind-strewn ghost story.

What was your favorite character to write in The Near Witch?

--The sisters, Magda and Dreska. I have so, so much fun writing them. I actually love writing sibling dynamic in general (maybe because I'm an only child, and I always coveted that bond) but writing them in particular has been a blast. One is a stick and the other a stone, are very, very old, and they have their own language, a language of bodies and looks.

Do you have any writing rituals you have to follow?

--I want to have rituals. I also want to lie and say I have them. The truth is I have rituals I TRY to follow and promptly fail at. Life just gets in the way. I do try to write every single day, and when I'm home in Nashville, I try to write some in the morning, and some at night when the world goes quiet, but I don't get much more specific than that, unfortunately. It just changes depending on the weather, my mood, whether I'm editing or drafting or rocking back and forth in a corner cursing my book and looking through job ads.

Now. Here is the NEAR WITCH RAP! For your enjoyment (or extreme laughter, whichever you prefer).



Now, the giveaway. I am giving away 3 of Victoria's favorite things: Cookies, a teddy bear, and White Cat by Holly Black. And because it's a series, I am throwing in an ARC of Red Glove too! You can ALSO win a SIGNED FINISHED EDITION of Near Witch (But they won't be received until closer to August). This is open to US only and will end May 7 at 8 PM CST. To enter, share a link to your favorite hat in the form AND in a comment! Two winners

1 winner will receive the first prize pack and 1 winner will recieve the SIGNED FINISHED EDITION of Near Witch.



Make sure to head over  to everyone elses blogs for their release, for more fun questions with Victoria and more giveaways of Victoria's favorite things! And also don't forget to head over to Victoria's blog - as she is having AN EPIC GIVEAWAY!!!

Dani / DJ Spark
Gangsta G / Gail
Nikamon / Nikki
Jen (Our lovely videographer!)
Dani / Da'Baller D

Labels: ,

32 Comments:

Blogger YA Bibliophile said...

Great job Erica! Loved the video! As far as hats... I'm a sucker for the big Kentucky Derby style hats! I love thin one based on one of my fav movies My Fair Lady! http://www.amazon.com/Kentucky-Derby-Edwardian-Style-designed/dp/B0017U8BLM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1304342535&sr=8-7

May 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Nicci @ Paper Dreams said...

That rap entertains me so much! Great giveaway, thank you! :)
And I absolutely love this hat >> http://www.teenscloset.com/product/Harry-Potter-Quibbler-Undesirable-No-1-Pilot-Hat.html

May 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger Small Review said...

Thank you for the giveaway! I like this little black hat

May 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love this hat: http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2267621.jpg

It reminds me of Newsies.

May 2, 2011 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Aydrea said...

I don't know if this is my favorite hat, but it is pretty awesome!!! http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2009/06/02/knitted-shark-attack.html

May 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Lauren G said...

I love this hat! My sister bought it at a Pow Wow and it's so warm. It even has little pockets for your hands that look like paws :)
http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/28827593/wolfhat.jpg

May 2, 2011 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I really like this hat: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=80&id=19669803&parentid=W_ACC_HATS&sortProperties=+subCategoryPosition,+product.marketingPriority&navCount=15&navAction=poppushpush&color=023&popId=WOMENS_ACCESSORIES&pushId=W_ACC_HATS&prepushId=&selectedProductSize=

Thanks for the giveaway :)

May 2, 2011 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Vivien said...

One of my all time favorites :)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NlCApcBgnac/TLu2iPCib5I/AAAAAAAAAOA/phY2AqYjwek/s1600/mad-hatters-hat-alice-in-wonderland-2009-7491713-590-353.jpg

May 2, 2011 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

I love these Pac Man Hats!

May 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Love the video!
Favorite hat!
I own it in gray.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/63895206/two-button-band-slouchy-newsboy-cap

May 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Alexis Salcido said...

Niceee!! I love this hat, so cute!!

http://www.amazon.com/Husky-Animal-hat-with-Mittens/dp/B004852AKG/ref=sr_1_35?s=apparel&qlEnable=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1304370665&sr=1-35

May 2, 2011 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Pokadots1121 said...

I find this hat very fun and would love to wear it.http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ax5ZIdFoW1U/ScJayj1l34I/AAAAAAAAMys/jWJVJyL0tLY/s400/womens-hats-05.jpg&imgrefurl=http://curiousphotos.blogspot.com/2009/03/top-15-most-bizarre-unusual-and-funny.html&usg=__dDRInaZqYhkFD_hY-OoR7FCMc4g=&h=358&w=400&sz=17&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=F2pVbAgh7CWnAM:&tbnh=111&tbnw=126&ei=kSi_TbnBLsPiiAL_rOUo&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dfunny%2Bhats%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1362%26bih%3D547%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=776&vpy=103&dur=273&hovh=212&hovw=237&tx=118&ty=100&page=1&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0

May 2, 2011 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger LadyVampire2u said...

I like Bret Michaels white cowboy hat with that black Roman cross: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://roadcrewmag.com/image/34900/bret-michaels-cowboy-hat-most-popular-in-america-right-now-designer-of-custom-hat-cant-keep-them-in-stock%3Fmax_width%3D250%26max_height%3D1000%26q%3D70&imgrefurl=http://roadcrewmag.com/issue/june-2010/article/bret-michaels-cowboy-hat-most-popular-in-america-right-now-designer-of-custom-hat-cant-keep-them-in-stock&usg=__SbHQClJKLD9ZJy9RWmxagjbJX48=&h=187&w=250&sz=138&hl=en&start=19&sig2=jI27Btk-tGfVjkYVvN0pXg&zoom=1&tbnid=_vs0mJD61MaPXM:&tbnh=106&tbnw=134&ei=rTG_TevYE8PJgQfSoInHBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpopular%2Bhat%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1131%26bih%3D530%26site%3Dsearch%26tbm%3Disch0%2C337&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=531&vpy=190&dur=1575&hovh=149&hovw=200&tx=108&ty=82&page=2&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:19&biw=1131&bih=530

May 2, 2011 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I love warm hats, heres the dorky one I picked, lol.
http://www.spencersonline.com/product/pg-purple-bffalo-pld-bomber-os/

korra_950(at)hotmail.com

May 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great video. Your voice is BEAUTIFUL. Look at all that snow!

May 2, 2011 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Wolfluvr420 said...

I have never been much of a hat person but I do like this one:http://www.hdofblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/2009-0814-britain-kate.jpg

May 2, 2011 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa Potts said...

You all did such a great job!

I just did a blog post all about hats so I'll link to that - http://virginsheets.blogspot.com/2011/04/kentucky-derby-part-3-hats.html(the read feather one is my favorite).

Thanks for the great giveaway!

May 2, 2011 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger April X said...

Great job with the video! Here's my favorite hat at the moment: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs42/f/2009/145/c/f/Pikachu_Hat_by_clearkid.png

May 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Call me a tom-boy, but i'm dying to get my hands on this hat :) http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/476/789/91/o_mexico2hat.jpg

Thanks for hosting this giveaway!
Diana

May 2, 2011 at 11:34 PM  
Blogger donnas said...

This is one of my favorite styles, especially on guys. But its cool because its such a unique pattern too.

May 3, 2011 at 1:39 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

This is not necessarily the most perfect example, but it's close. :)

I love these wide brimmed sun hats. So pretty, and one of the few hat styles I wear well.

http://www.stylefind.com/Lauren-By-Ralph-Lauren/-/4-RLPH-11026569/Signature-Grosgrain-Sun-Hat

May 3, 2011 at 1:53 AM  
Blogger Laura Morales said...

I really like the style of these one BLACK GREY COLOR BLOCK BERET at hot topic http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Accessories/Hats/Black-Grey-Color-Block-Beret-123073.jsp

May 3, 2011 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

Princess Beatrice's hat she wore in at the royal wedding was amazing.
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/jackalope/0429-beatrice-princess-royal-wedding-crazy-hats_we.jpg

May 3, 2011 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger jpetroroy said...

Lately, I have to love Princess Beatrice's hat! http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/39/2011/05/medium_beatrice_hat_52__ede.jpg&imgrefurl=http://jezebel.com/%3F_escaped_fragment_%3D5797729/the-rorshach-test-for-princess-beatrices-hat/gallery/&usg=__PY_3QlKME8CiATPXp-Pluzg4-wo=&h=169&w=300&sz=25&hl=en&start=11&sig2=eEbNp0ItEy7jKdHCDkK4rg&zoom=1&tbnid=8o7bxRxkMnsGVM:&tbnh=65&tbnw=116&ei=eFrATYnuAoW3twfR05WrBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbeatrice%2Bhat%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1372%26bih%3D656%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1

May 3, 2011 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger SpadesHighReads said...

I love this hat, BUT! the sad thing is I don't think i can pull it off. And another sad thing is, i can probably only use it during halloween time =( http://www.unforgettablevintage.com/i/o4.jpg

Tezza
Bayayrea_munkie @ hotmail [dot] com
GFC Follower: SpadesHighReads

May 3, 2011 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Ashley G. said...

Okay so I'll admit I just went to google images and searched hats and picked my favorite of the ones that turned up. It is a pretty cool hat though!
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx%3Fq%3D818346852882%26id%3D6b9a057cacc4c8af46a01dbe13e369bb&imgrefurl=http://www.gasta.co/Image/Cool%2BHats&usg=__hLHsYL0hg3bM4Fsqs_WVqwG15ZI=&h=160&w=125&sz=4&hl=en&start=19&zoom=1&tbnid=olYCJR8tgxE9TM:&tbnh=128&tbnw=100&ei=5n_BTYG5J6Gy0QHCkqS4Cg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcool%2Bhats%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D803%26bih%3D434%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=172&page=3&ndsp=9&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:19&tx=66&ty=96

Okay so that's gotta be like the longest link ever! Sorry!

May 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Kaity said...

I love unique fedoras and this one is currently my favorite (too bad it's so expensive or else I would make it mine!): http://ak2.polyvoreimg.com/thing.29343647.l.jpg

May 4, 2011 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

I really really like this type of hat, and this one in particular:
http://www.thaiag.net/files/productsimages/BS_C/34922.jpg

^I swear that is not me. xD

May 6, 2011 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Krystal Larson said...

I love this hat, looks classy and tasteful to me =) http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.coachhousegifts.com/seasonal/image.php%3Ftype%3DP%26id%3D34785&imgrefurl=http://www.coachhousegifts.com/seasonal/product.php%3Fproductid%3D34785&usg=___8FL3hsi5UUoEfT9mLv9o2JExA0=&h=550&w=419&sz=43&hl=en&start=0&sig2=WiDvt00A91XIdddsv19jNQ&zoom=1&tbnid=zwfX3-L2ihpxNM:&tbnh=152&tbnw=119&ei=RCXETYWCAoO3twfG3aW5BA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwitch%2Bhat%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26gbv%3D2%26biw%3D1575%26bih%3D825%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=737&vpy=261&dur=757&hovh=257&hovw=196&tx=118&ty=141&page=1&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0

May 6, 2011 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Onge said...

I love Firefly and orange so Jayne's hat is perfect for me! I need to find someone who can make it for me. :)
http://www.rowthree.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/98956337_4829eda87f.jpg

May 6, 2011 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

I gotta say, I'm really more of a fascinator girl myself. Though I do love a good mini-hat, too. And ridiculous Kentucky Derby/Tea with the Queen style hats.
I really should wear hats more...

May 7, 2011 at 2:56 AM  
Blogger Misty said...

And oh my lord, I just saw that Onge said Jayne's hat! YES!

May 7, 2011 at 2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home