This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Each week features a different topic, and you make a top ten list about it. This week is the Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open, with either the sheer brilliance and mind blowing of the ending or an awful cliffhanger :)

Any of the Morganville Vampire books by Rachel Caine

Rachel Caine always manages to end with some killer end that is oh so brilliant and oh so makes me want the next book like now. She is the queen of cliff hangers.


Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs

This was a book that was so good, and kept getting better and better, and then I turned the page and there was no more pages and I was super sad. I want book 2!

Legend by Marie Lu

This was a book that I really did not like the first half of, it was mediocre at best for me. Something changed in the 2nd half, and led up with this mind blowing ending!

Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

I love this book, a lot. And then Jennifer Estep made the hugely MEAN ending where I sat there going I want book 2 NOW.


Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

Richelle Mead always manages to end everything book with some mind blowing ending, and in some instances major cliff hangers that are absolute love.

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

This book was just full of awesome, and by the ending, I knew Wings of the Wicked would be even MORE awesome!

A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford

This book was super lovely, and Leah Clifford is obviously just tortuously mean with the ending she left readers with in A Touch Mortal, which made me contemplate all sorts of ways to hack her computer and other illicit ways to get A Touch Morbid.

Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver

I thought the end of this one was quite snazzy.



What endings left y'all with your mouth hanging open, be it a cliff hanger or just an ending of epicness?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I forgot about the endings to The Morganville Vampires series. They always were huge cliffhangers were you couldn't wait to get your hands on the next book.

October 4, 2011 at 8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted VA on my list too!

October 4, 2011 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

Oohh there's a Barbara Kingsolver that I haven't heard about?? I'll have to get my hands on a copy.

October 4, 2011 at 7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Sweet Venom on my TBR list. An interesting premise, it's got me intrigued. Now at least I'll be prepared for the abrupt ending. :)

October 4, 2011 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger Alexa said...

It is sad that I have not read one of the books you have on this list. I guess I better get my butt in gear and get reading :)

October 4, 2011 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Rose said...

I actually kind of love cliffhangers :P They get me so excited for the next book and I love that feeling of "what's going to happen next? ... What?!? There's no more pages?!" I didn't know Sweet Venom had one of those endings, but now I'm even more excited for it. I really need to get through my TBR so I can read it.

October 5, 2011 at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home