This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Each week features a different topic, and you make a top ten list about it. This week is the Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It.

Where the Truth Lies by Jessica Warman

Both the title and the cover on this one are too brilliant for words.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

The title on this one made me want to read it from the first time I heard it, and then I found out what it was actually about and was 100000% sold.

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

We can ignore the brilliance inside this one, the title and cover are enough. GORGEOUS.


Sea by Heidi R Kling

I love this book and it's cover. It is all just way too purdy.
Past Perfect by Leila Sales

This title and it's cover are too darn cute, and it could be the worst book ever and I would still buy it. That aside, I'm super excited for it and I need more amazing Leila Sales novels :)

Siren's Storm by Lisa Papademetriou

I decided I wanted this book after seeing title, I didn't care what it was about or anything, but I loved the title. While I still have yet to read it, it's on my list to get soon!

Dark Heart Forever and Dark Heart Rising by Lee Monroe

I have no idea what these books are actually about, but I saw the cover of these 2 and decided I wanted them . I still have yet to buy the though.

There are so many others, I am so bad at buying books just from covers or  titles and sometimes I'll get home and go why did I buy that? But alas, I do it for the sake of pretty books.

What about you guys? What titles or covers made you buy a book?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Samual @ Books For All Seasons said...

Where the Truth Lies is a really good book. I only read the first six chapters because one of my friends took it with her without asking. I like the cover, it's definitely an Autumn read. Thank you for sharing! Also love Past Perfect! That cover is awesome!

Happy reading!

Best wishes,

Samual

October 18, 2011 at 5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where the truth lies is very pretty

October 18, 2011 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Past Perfect does have the most adorable cover. It is so cute.

October 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger Someone Like Samantha said...

I love the cover and title for Where The Truth Lies, if I'd made a top 15 list it would have made it!

October 18, 2011 at 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Katy said...

The hardcover edition of Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon. Seriously fierce and pretty at the same time.

October 18, 2011 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger Joli @ Actin' Up with Books said...

I'm drawn to Where the Truth Lies because of the cover too. It's even on my wish list, but what is so funny is that I NEVER noticed the building on the top left side until now.

October 18, 2011 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Alexa S. said...

Anna and the French Kiss was a lovely book <3

October 18, 2011 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Alexa said...

I love the cover for Dark Heart Rising and I was going to get it but I read several just ok reviews on it so I don't think the story lives up to the amazing cover. If only books were sometimes as beautiful inside are they are on the outside

October 18, 2011 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Rose said...

The cover really helps make the book. I mean, I'll love a book if it has a crappy cover if the guts are awesome, but it's trying to get myself excited to read a book to begin with if the outside is all unattractive and such.

October 20, 2011 at 3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home