This Page

has been moved to new address

BBAW: Forgotten Treasures

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Thursday, September 16, 2010

BBAW: Forgotten Treasures


Book Blogger Appreciation Week is upon us, and it's a week full of festivities and book talk! Today we're discussing books that are forgotten treasures, books that kind of get swept under the rador so to say. I'd like to bring three very awesome books to your attention.

Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
Brightly Woven is the perfect fantasy in every way. The best fantasy I have read
in 5 years to be exact! It has an epic world and a character by the name of
North. Who is the most swoonworthy guy, EVER. You all should get it, and then
hopefuollly there will be a SEQUEL, which is necessary.

Sea by Heidi R Kling

Sea is just a perfect book in every way, and it so heartwarming and sweet. I can
scarely come up with the words to describe it. I loved every page of it! It really just brings to life another culture and filled with a sweet story after disaster.

The Explosionist by Jenny Davidson

This is a book I read ages and ages ago, but absolutely love. It is an amazing
historical fiction and I am very excited for the sequel that comes out this
fall, Invisible Things. For some odd reason, basically no one I know has read
it?


What are your guys' "forgotten treasures"?

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Khy said...

lahv these books AND THIS POST

September 16, 2010 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

I haven't heard of any of these! :)

September 16, 2010 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger Em said...

these all sound great! thanks for the suggestions!

September 16, 2010 at 7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still haven't read Brightly Woven or Sea, but they are on my list!

September 16, 2010 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Love these books, though I've yet to read Brightly Woven. I think I would definitely have to put Graceling on my list :)

September 17, 2010 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Irish said...

I've read The Explosionist!! I loved it too! Was so excited when I heard that Invisible Things was finally being published. :-)

September 17, 2010 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger April (BooksandWine) said...

I've read all of those except for The Explosionist which Khy highlighted too. I guess that means it need to go on my wish list :-P

September 17, 2010 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

Thank you for the enthusiastic endorsement of The Explosionist! I think I am not telling any secrets when I say that there was some drastic staff turnover at HarperTeen in the months surrounding the book's publication - both my editor and several people in marketing left the company - and I think the book was really lost in the shuffle. I'm hoping that Invisible Things will find more readers and perhaps turn some of them on to the previous book as well - it's definitely a sequel, but I've written it very carefully so that it will stand on its own for readers who are not familiar with the earlier installment of the story.

September 17, 2010 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger S. Krishna said...

I haven't read any of these books, but all sound interesting! Thanks for the recommendations.

September 17, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home