This Page

has been moved to new address

Blog Tour: Freefall by Mindi Scott [Book Excerpt] + Giveaway

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blog Tour: Freefall by Mindi Scott [Book Excerpt] + Giveaway

I have been looking forward to Freefall since I heard about it months ago, and I have a treat for you today! I have an excerpt from Freefall!
As I walked down our front steps, Kendall followed closely behind. “Would you believe I sometimes wish I still lived here?” she asked.

“Not for a minute.”

Riverside Trailer Park was the roughest part of Kenburn, and the cops were constantly busting our neighbors for drug deals and drunken brawls. The mobile homes were all rusty and at least thirty years old, and the carports were crooked and loaded up with old tires, soggy cardboard, and long-abandoned sinks. I wish I could’ve said our place looked better, but we had our own mess of broken TVs and other crap that no one ever dealt with. The longer it sat, the more it blended in, to the point where I hardly noticed.

“It’s true. Most of my best times were here,” Kendall said. “And anyway, I feel like an imposter on the Hill.”

“I wish I had your problems.” I scooted past the out-of-control rosebush. Naturally, that’s when a breeze kicked in and gave a thorny branch the push it needed to hook itself into my skin. I pulled free. Blood ran down my arm. “Goddamnit,” I said.

I yanked open the driver’s-side door and tossed my bag in the backseat. But before I could get in, Kendall was standing next to me, making a face that looked like real concern. “I know how painful this is for you,” she said.

“It barely stings.”

“I’m talking about Isaac. About you finding him.”

I tensed up. Anytime I thought about the morning two months earlier when I’d found Isaac’s body, I wanted to puke. Which is exactly why I tried to never think about it.

Kendall touched the mini Magic 8 Ball dangling from the key ring on my belt loop. She knew it was Isaac’s. Everyone knew. It had been his good-luck charm for years and he never went anywhere without it—until the night he’d given it to me, saying I needed its advice more than he did. It was all a joke, really, and I would have given the stupid thing back to him the next day. If only he’d woken up.

Kendall went on. “I’m dealing with stuff too, but I’m really worried about you. I know you’re not okay. Everyone says you’ve been hiding and drinking all summer. I’ve wanted to talk to you since it happened, but during the few times that I’ve even seen you, I haven’t been able to figure out how.”

It was surprising how quickly she’d gone from obnoxious to caring. My annoyance melted a little. “I probably wouldn’t have wanted to talk, anyway.”

“Believe me, I know how you are.” She started rubbing my arm—the one that wasn’t bleeding—like it was a cat. “I just don’t want to see you blaming yourself forever. You need to remember that Isaac made his own choices. It isn’t your fault he died.”

“I know,” I said.

But I was lying.

Doesn't that excerpt make you want to go get Freefall like right now???

Freefall is Mindi Scott's first novel. She currently lives in Washington. She is a vegetarian and has completed two 5k races! You can find Mindi all over the web, be it her website, twitter, her youtube channel, or The Contemps!

One winner will get a signed copy of Freefall! How cool is that? Fill out the form below to enter.



Copyright: Mindi Scott

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelly aka yllektra(I Work For Books) said...

Thanks so much, this is an awesome giveaway!!
Thanks so much for this opportunity!
I'd love to read this book! XD

October 13, 2010 at 5:07 AM  
Blogger Edna said...

Thanks for the excerpt!

October 13, 2010 at 5:53 AM  
Blogger Mrs. DeRaps said...

I SO want to read this book...and it would count toward the Contemps Challenge! Love it. Thanks.

October 13, 2010 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Krystal said...

Thanks! This book looks soooo good!
Can't wait to read it!

October 13, 2010 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger andrea b said...

thanks for the giveaway!

October 13, 2010 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Sounds like a great book. Thanks for the giveaway! I love her picture. Super cute with the umbrella. :)

October 14, 2010 at 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading this right now & enjoying it.

October 16, 2010 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Blueicegal ♥ said...

ohh thsnks for the contest!!

October 17, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home