This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Books in 2010 You May Have Missed

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Top Books in 2010 You May Have Missed

So there are so many huge titles each year and they're great, really. But there's always those titles that don't get quite as much as much attention and are super awesome. All of these are among my top books of 2010!

1. Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly

I absolutely LOVED this book. I begged a friend to borrow an ARC before it was out, and then reread it again once my pre-ordered copy showed up on my doorstep. It was such a moving book and I still am thinking about it, months later. It most definitely did not get the attention it deserved I don't think - but I was super happy when it was just announced that Harmonic Feedback was a Cybils Finalist!

2. Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken

This book is super wonderful and I think got hidden in the shadows a bit. It was one of the best fantasies you will ever read. It will grab your attention and keep it until you finish. Between the world, characters, and plot - this is a book not to miss. <3

3. Salvaged by Stefne Miller

Salvaged was definitely a book that snuck up on me! I had it, heard about it, but hadn't read it right away. A good friend told me it was amazing, so of course I read it very shortly after that. I regret not picking it up the day I got it! It was amazing and was very different from other books you read. The little things like the fact that Jesus was an actual character in the book pushed it above and beyond other books and made me love it even more!

4. Knightley Academy by Violet Haberdasher

Knightley Academy was a book that I thought looked good, but I wasn't 100% certain what I would think about it. I read it and became hooked. I am now pining away for book 2. This book is so fun, and would definitely be super great for someone hesitant to read, because I would say this book is comprable to Harry Potter in the sense of the adventure and way you get caught up in it!

5. Mistwood by Leah Cypess

Mistwood is another wonderful fantasy. Fantasy books are my favorite ever, and I love when I find the absolute great ones. Mistwood was one of those. I looked forward for it for months, and I loved when I read it. It was so original and kept me guessing!

6. Where the Truth Lies by Jessica Warman


Where the Truth Lies was a book I wasn't expecting to love to the extent I did. Where the Truth Lies is a companion novel to Breathless, a book I sadly did not finish, but I thought it looked good. I was blown away by the amazingness of the story. The writing was beautiful and it was instant love.

-----
What books do you think people may have missed and are those "rare gems"?

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Nyxen Nadine said...

I've heard of most of those books yet I've never read them. :/

I really should.

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

--Bianca

January 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Irish said...

Great list!!

I own them all but haven't read them all. I must get on that!

January 2, 2011 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Lynne Kelly said...

What a great idea for a post! I loved Where the Truth Lies also-- one of my favorites of the year.

Now I have more books to add to my reading list!

January 2, 2011 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Swati said...

This is a lovely post idea!! What a great way to shine a spotlight on books that haven't gotten the attention they deserve.

And I hadn't hear of THREE of these. Thanks for pointing them out.

January 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Pam Pho said...

I missed one, three, five and six....

January 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger Khy said...

YAY BRIGHTLY WOVEN! North is mine though.

Mistwood is also really awesome!

I need to buy Harmonic Feedback. Why have I not done that yet?!

I am tempted to steal this idea from you. xD

January 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mistwood and Brightly Woven - they sound so good

January 2, 2011 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'll be reading Harmonic Feedback for the Cybils I'm glad to see that you enjoyed it so well!

January 2, 2011 at 5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this list (: I haven't heard of most of these books, so I'll definitely look into them!

January 2, 2011 at 5:45 PM  
Blogger Irish said...

Commenting once again - this time to shamelessly plug my own list of Top Books That People may have missed.

http://www.tickettoanywhere.net/2011/01/ten-books-from-2010-you-may-have-missed.html

January 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Cat @ Beyond Books said...

This is a good list. I loved Brightly Woven! I didn't particularly care for Mistwood though and I really WANT to read Knightly Academy. Hopefully my stores will carry it when it comes out in paperback.

Off to check Gail's list now. ;)

January 2, 2011 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

Knightley Academy is LOVE! I haven't read any of the others, but definitely plan on doing so.

January 2, 2011 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger Small Review said...

Excellent list! Have you read StarCrossed by Elizabeth C. Bunce? Since you have Brightly Woven and Mistwood on your list, I think you'd like StarCrossed. I started out liking it and ended up adoring it.

January 8, 2011 at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home