This Page

has been moved to new address

The Iron Queen Blog Tour: A Guest Post from Ash

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Iron Queen Blog Tour: A Guest Post from Ash

Hello everyone! Welcome to the last stop on the Iron Queen blog tour! I am thrilled to be a part of the tour, and I hope you all have been following the tour as it ran it's course - I know I have been! Here's a summary of The Iron Queen.

My name is Meghan Chase.




I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.


I am so excited to say that today, a super special guest from the Winter Court has stopped by. Yes, my friends, Ash has stopped by, so without further ado here is a post from him:

Sigh.

If you know me at all, you know I don’t want to be here. I am not a trained monkey; you cannot just put me on stage and expect me to caper for your amusement. If anyone does think that, please step forward so my blade can demonstrate just how mistaken you are.

Oh, very well. Let’s get this over with. My name is Ash, third son of the Unseelie Court. I’m supposed to sing the praises of the Winter Court today (though there will be no singing), so it will be a rather short list. Virtues: we don’t have many of those. We’re strong, we’re ruthless, and we don’t show mercy to our enemies. The Winter Court doesn’t prance around trees or dance under the moon like Summer. We’re good at fighting and killing; those are our virtues.

Although…there is beauty in the Winter Court, if you know where to look for it. The Crystal Woods are quiet and peaceful. You won’t even hear a bird chirp, mostly because they’re all frozen . And farther north, the Icetooth Mountains are impressive, though you have to keep alert for avalanches and wendigos.

In any case, it’s not a good idea to venture too far into Winter, especially if you’re human. If you do find yourself in Mab’s court, be sure to have a gift for the queen. She’s particularly fond of human infants. And don’t turn your back on the redcaps. That’s good advice wherever you are.

-Ash




Or here is a direct link to the trailer, here.

The author of The Iron Queen is Julie Kagawa. I feel the urge to throw out that The Iron Queen hit the NYT Bestseller list at #6, which is absolutely awesome! Julie is the author of The Iron Fey Novels (The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, and the forthcoming The Iron Knight). You can visit her on the web at her her website, her blog, her twitter.

If you would like more information about the tour, including past stops, check out the Iron Fey Facebook Page here. For all you Winter Court Folk make sure to check out my two co-captains stops on the tour here and here!

I am super excited to announce that I have an epic giveaway that 5 lucky people will get! What is it may you ask? *drum roll*

Exclusive Iron Queen Winter Court prize packs, featuring an Iron Queen blanket, hooded jacket and hat!

Seriously, I am so jealous! I wish I could enter at my own blog, ha! So 5 winners will get these. To enter, fill out the following form and leave a comment on this post. Open to US only and will end February 28th.

Labels: , ,

46 Comments:

Blogger Vivien said...

I just finished The Iron Queen. OMG!! I'm seriously going to die until November when Iron Knight comes out. I really enjoyed this book but it has such a cliffhanger!!! Gah! I can't wait...

Team Ash btw.

February 11, 2011 at 2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finished Iron Queen. Not what I expected, and yet exactly what I expected. Kind of disappointing, really. I was hoping this would just stop at a trilogy. But, I'll scrape up another ten dollars or so by November. I hope.

Oh. And Team Mab. That's right.

February 11, 2011 at 6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, your prize pack is pretty kickass. *waves from Summer Court*

February 11, 2011 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

i could so use those right now :0) living under a foot of snow and temps barely over 0*f. not used to this in oklahoma. i've been wondering who pissed off queen mab.

February 11, 2011 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait for the Iron Knight!!! I thought this was going to be a trilogy, but I'm so glad that there's more! <3

February 11, 2011 at 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the Iron Queen. cannot wait for The Iron Knight. Will love to read Ash's POV.

February 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not a winter court fan but definitely an Ash fan! LOVE The Iron Queen and glad the story is continuing. It could not stop there!

February 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Jasmine Cervik said...

Even though I'm totaly SUMMER COURT, I would love this prize! I love sporting gear from some of my favorite books!

Jasmine
The Reading Housewives

February 11, 2011 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

Love her series, thanks for the contest! I'm so with Terry, I can't help but love Ash too :)

February 11, 2011 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Doris said...

What an awesome giveaway! Can't wait to read The Iron Knight. Team Ash.

February 11, 2011 at 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome prize pack!! I still have to finish The Iron Daughter and read The Iron Queen, but I can't wait for The Iron Knight! Such a great series :]And I agree with Brooke up there--it seems like Queen Mab brought the Winter Court to Illinois!
Alison

February 11, 2011 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Marathon said...

Love the prize pack! And thanks for having Ash over! I've been missing him, lol.

Asher K.

February 11, 2011 at 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an AWesome prize pack Thank you SO MUCH!!!!
Lane

February 11, 2011 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger lulilut said...

I love the series and there is still more to come. Squee!
Thanks for hosting the giveaway and being part of the blog tour, it was a lot of fun reading about all the great prizes.
Also a big thanks to Julie Kagawa!
It was fun reading from Ash's POV.

February 11, 2011 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Danielle Ellison said...

What a great prize!!

February 11, 2011 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger joyous said...

This is great! Thanks!

February 11, 2011 at 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant wait for the iron knight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 11, 2011 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Danielle (Overflowing Shelf) said...

I <3 Ash. Cannot wait for Iron Knight Love your prize pack. the hoodie is so awesome!!

February 11, 2011 at 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME GIVEAWAY!!!! Love the hat:D Wish the tour would never end!

Mo

February 11, 2011 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger marian said...

omg!!! i love this series!!!! i can't wait for iron knight either!!
awesome giveaway!!

February 11, 2011 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Elaine G said...

Thanks for the great giveaway

February 11, 2011 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger CrimsonInk said...

Awesome prize pack! So excited for The Iron Knight! Ash makes my heart melt. :)

February 11, 2011 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger lovemybunnies said...

Just want to make sure..you've posted that it's only for US but on the form is says US and Canada. Which one is it? Thanks!
This package looks amazing!!!! Love Ash but I think I'd fit in with summer so I have to go with them.
I can't wait for to read Iron Daughter and for Iron Knight to come out!!

February 11, 2011 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Jamie H. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger Jamie H. said...

I enjoyed the blog tour! This is the first time I have heard of a blog tour. Thank you for all the giveaways and the blog tour! Good Luck to everyone!

I heart the Iron Fey series! Go Iron Court!I can't wait to read the Iron Queen! :)

Jamie Harp

February 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Camille W said...

This series totally rocks!! The blog tour was great. I got to discover new blogs in the process. Kudos with the awesome giveaway gear.

February 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Winter Fey said...

I loved the introduction! Awesome giveaway, too.
ASH. <3

February 11, 2011 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger ~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ said...

Freaking awesome contest. I am Team Ash
and Team Grim =^„^=

February 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

AMAZING giveaway!!!!!

February 11, 2011 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Lit said...

I´m so sad!! I´m mexican!! I´ve been waiting all the tour for a winter contest international!! T_T I love Ash!!

February 11, 2011 at 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Hannah said...

Awesome prize pack! Iron Queen was great and I was on cloud nine when I found out about Iron Knight. The blog tour has been really fun as well.

February 12, 2011 at 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to read this series. It reminds me of another good series by Melissa Marr. It starts with Wicked Lovely!

Liz E

February 12, 2011 at 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

How long until The Iron Knight??? Ash, we NEED your story!

Congratulations, Julie, on making the New York Times bestsellers list--you deserve it!

--Sandy

February 12, 2011 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay, a sweep stake! I picked summer though i do like winter because of Ash. =) Loved this series.

February 13, 2011 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

So freaking cool!!

February 13, 2011 at 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just happened to pick up The Iron King one day while wondering through the shelves... and glad I did! Love the marriage of all things fey and mythic into one book, and it didn't feel forced. :) Definitely Team Ash, love the beauty of the Winter Court but... is it possible to align with the Dryads? ;)

February 13, 2011 at 1:50 PM  
Anonymous MegSkin said...

Awesome giveaway, i thought book 3 was the end but there's going to be a book 4 XD

February 14, 2011 at 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOTALLY AWESOME! i want to wind this giveaway so badly!

February 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Thanks for the chance to win such an awesome prize pack!! :)

February 14, 2011 at 9:22 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

I love Ash!! Great giveaway :]

February 14, 2011 at 11:58 PM  
Anonymous Dania said...

This is my favorite series of all time! I love Ash. :D

February 16, 2011 at 4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this series, can't stop thinking about it.

February 17, 2011 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger latishajean said...

What a great giveaway thank you so much. Still have to read Iron Queen. Thanks for the chance :)

February 20, 2011 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

AWESOME giveaway! Thank you so much!!! :D <3

February 22, 2011 at 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This series are amazing! I'm definitly recomending them to my friends!!! I just finished the iron queen and i can't wait till the iron knight! Team Ash all the way!!!!!

February 22, 2011 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger Ryu and Kure-n said...

I am so in love with this series and can't wait for it to continue. While I'm waiting I'm just sharing the books with everyone I know and getting them hooked too.

February 25, 2011 at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home