This Page

has been moved to new address

Interview with Alexandra Bracken + Giveaway

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Interview with Alexandra Bracken + Giveaway

Today, my friends, Brightly Woven is out into the world in its LOVELY paperback edition. *breaks into a happy dance* So I am here to celebrate with a giveaway of a shiny paperback, BUT also with an interview with THE Alexandra Bracken herself. How cool is that?

Alexandra Bracken is the author of Brightly Woven and the upcoming Black is the Color (which I am very excited for and may or may not be counting down the days until it is out). She is a recent graduate of the College of William and Mary, where she majored in History and English. She now lives in New York City and works in children’s book publishing. You can find her on the web at her website/blog and twitter.


Destroy Everything You Touch is my favorite song from the Black is the Color playlist, could you share any info as to why you included it?

Well, let me see if I can put this in a way that won't give too much about BitC away...  Ruby, the main character of the story, resembles Syd in the sense that she has abilities which are very difficult for her to control, but they're disastrous in a way that Syd's aren't.  While Syd’s are destructive to the world around her, Ruby’s tend to ruin her closest personal relationships, so she lives in fear of getting too close to anyone else, lest she lose them.  These lyrics in particular are very relevant:

Destroy everything you touch today
Destroy me this way
Anything that may desert you
So it cannot hurt you

Which characters from Brightly Woven and Black is the Color would be friends?

Oh man… This is the question that’s giving me the most trouble, because, on one hand, Ruby and Syd probably could relate to one another, but Ruby has a really, really tough time making friends.  Liam and North would probably get along, unless they tried to out-angst one another.  Owain would probably be friends with everyone, because, really, who can resist his bear hugs? 

If you were any Disney princess, who would you choose to be?

I was about to say Belle, mostly because I relate most to her “I want so much more than they’ve got planned” drive and her love of reading and books, but if I could choose ANY “princess”… Can I say Mulan?  Girlfriend kicks serious butt, and, in case you couldn’t tell, I’m a total sucker for the girls-dressing-as-boys-and-then-later-proving-that-they-kick-just-as-much-ass trope.  Talk about being brave, too!  I wish I had half of her courage!

Mulan is pretty awesome. What is your current favorite song that you feel everyone should know about?

 
I’ve had Robyn’s Call Your Girlfriend on repeat for the past week or so.  It’s so terrible, because whenever it comes on during my subway commute to work, I always start nodding or tapping along to the beat (which is kind of embarrassing, but maybe not quite as embarrassing as the guy  on the Q train who was singing along with Tina Turner’s The Best without realizing it).  I’ve also been listening  to the new stuff by Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes while revising—Bon Iver’s Perth and Fleet Foxes’ The Shrine/An Argument are incredible.


Do you have a favorite quote from Brightly Woven?
Maybe this is cheating a bit, but I think my favorite line out the entire novel is still the very last one.  It never changed, no matter how many drafts I went through, and I think it ends the story on the exact right note.
I most definitely had to now go read the last line :) Now that I've read it, I AGREE! That line is absolutely perfect and ends the story. I still think my favorite quote from Brightly Woven is "What Good Is Strength If You Have No Sense" - I don't remember where it falls in the story, but it's fabulous.


Thank you so much Alexandra for stopping by for an interview. Now giveaway details....fill out the following form. It will be INTERNATIONAL & open until July 12.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger We Heart YA said...

Yippee! We've been wanting to read this one for a while now. Thanks for the giveaway and the fun interview!

June 28, 2011 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger danya said...

Thanks for the chance to win! Oh, and Mulan ROCKS. :D

June 28, 2011 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Great interview! I'd choose to be Mulan, too!

Thanks for the giveaway!

June 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Ella Preuss said...

Love Mulan too!
Thanks for the interview, girls! And the giveaway too, of course!

xo,
Ella

os: I'm a new follower!

June 28, 2011 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Alexa said...

I have had this book on my wish list for such a long time! Thanks for the interview and giveaway! :)

June 28, 2011 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Bookish in a Box said...

Mulan is my favorite Disney heroine too! That movie is totally awesome and sing-along-with-able.

June 28, 2011 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger lulilut said...

Thanks for the interview and the giveaway. I'm curious about the last line now!

June 29, 2011 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the interview, which was fabulous and the giveaway. The cover of this book is gorgeous, seriously. And it looks like it'll be a fun read and enjoyable read. :)

Suz @ A Soul Unsung
susanhaugland@att.net

July 2, 2011 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks for the interview & giveaway! :)

July 4, 2011 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger andrea b said...

thanks for the giveaway!

July 9, 2011 at 3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home