This Page

has been moved to new address

The Mephisto Covenant Tour: Author Book Picks

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Mephisto Covenant Tour: Author Book Picks

I am super excited to have Trinity Faegen by the blog today sharing some of her favorite book picks!

Trinity Faegen is the author of The Mephisto Covenant, which is coming out from Egmont TOMORROW. So make sure to go pick up a copy tomorrow. You can find her on the web at http://www.trinityfaegen.com/index.html.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I always feel a little sideways talking about books I love, because there are so many, and for each one, my adoration is directly tied to who I was when I read it. I’m a “Woman of a Certain Age,” so my youthful reading is different than my children’s, or kids in today’s fourth grade. Still, I think some of them stand the test of time. There are the obvious books, like Charlotte’s Web, Old Yeller, and the entire Little House collection, but I also had an insane love of horse books. Any and all: The Black Stallion series, Black Beauty, My Friend Flicka. I also loved biographies, and gobbled up Queen Victoria, Florence Nightingale, and Martha Washington.
I know this definitely is not a book cover,
but it is simply my favorite movie adaption
cover, so I shared it!

At ten, on the edge of adolescence, I read Jane Eyre, and my love of romances began. I discovered Victoria Holt, and read every one of her books. I read and loved Daphne du Maurier’s Rebecca and My Cousin Rachel. Then I found Mrs. Mike and Christy, both so lovely and charming in their own, unique way. There weren’t so many books written for young adults then, but I managed to find those that were: Seventeenth Summer and My Darling, My Hamburger. I just now went and looked at Goodreads for these books and it was interesting to read current day views on the reads. Seventeenth Summer was old when I read it, back in the day, and I remember being frustrated with the social strictures, but something about that book sang to me. First love, first kiss, first ‘real’ relationship. I was in love with falling in love. All these years later, I still am.

When I was a freshman in high school, I stumbled across a Kathleen Woodiwiss historical romance that was whoa, sexy times. Being a wide-eyed, naïve type, I was completely shocked. And spent lots of babysitting money to buy more. I carefully hid these from my mother, and read in the closet with a flashlight, late at night. It’s not that Mom would have minded the sexy times, but she was always a lit snob. I should have been reading Tolstoy or Kafka. Later, I discovered the classics, because my high school English teacher, Mrs. Thrush, kind of insisted, and I loved Dickens and Thackery, but hated Joyce and Dostoevsky.

Now, in my middle years, I don’t feel as shy about what I read. I unapologetically read romance novels because I’m always looking for That One, filled with witty banter, beautiful prose, or just crazy-page-turning-I-can’t-read-fast-enough entertainment, which will take me to another time and place, and I can fall in love all over again. One of my favorite historical romances is Loretta Chase’s Lord of Scoundrels. It’s my go-to book for those who dis romance, but have never read it, or who read Danielle Steele or Nicholas Sparks and call it romance. This sends romance writers off the page.

I gravitate toward romances in young adult fiction, and have become addicted to Simone Elkeles’s Perfect Chemistry series. Not so romancey, but I adore Heather Brewer’s Vlad Tod books. I confess to being a sheep and reading what everyone else is reading, but there are way worse things to be than a sheep – and when the books are as awesomesauce as The Hunger Games and Anna and the French Kiss, all I can do is bleet and sigh and wonder, how did they do that? I’m in awe. And so grateful to live in a world with books, with an education that allows me to read them. My entire life, books have been my tireless companions, always there for me.

Thank you for having me here, Erica, and allowing me to blather on about books. I’m realizing I never mentioned Stephen King, or Eric Carle, or Neil Gaiman, or….

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much Trinity for stopping by! You can find Trinity on the web at her website, blog, Twitter, and Goodreads. You can also read the first chapter of The Mephisto Covenant here.

Buy the Book: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Book Depository

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Trinity Faegen said...

Hi Erica!
I thought I'd come post since no one else has - boy, am I scintillating, or what? LOL!
Thanks so much for having me here today! I had fun reminiscing over favorite books.

September 26, 2011 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger Gianne said...

Great guest post! :D I love Jane Eyre (the 2011 movie lol) but I have yet to read the book.

September 26, 2011 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger LitBtch said...

Fun reading this, I love Anna, haven't read Jane Eyre yet but looking forward on watching the movie.

September 29, 2011 at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home