This Page

has been moved to new address

Tour: Interview with Veronica Wolff

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tour: Interview with Veronica Wolff

Veronica Wolff is the author Isle of Night and many titles for adults, including Devil's Highlander and Master of the Highlands. You can find her on the web at http://www.veronicawolff.com/

If the characters from Isle of Night got stuck on a deserted island, who fares the best? the worst? and who gets them off the island?

Why, my main girl Annelise Drew fares the best, of course. She’s smart, she’s tenacious, she’s ruthless under pressure, but she knows how to be a good friend, too. So I think she’d definitely do the best.

I could say Lilac, Annelise’s nemesis, would fare the worst, but that just wouldn’t be true. After a few hours, other girls would be doing her bidding. So my answer would have to be Mimi. Sometimes a girl’s got to keep her mind open and her mouth shut to survive, and Mimi doesn’t prove to be so good at either.

As for who gets them off the island, it’s got to be Annelise’s BFF (I’m not giving any spoilers, so you’ll have to read a bit to figure out who this ends up being). I’ll give you a hint, though: she’s the only one who knows how to do things like skin road kill and start a fire from lint. So take a tip from me…if somehow, miraculously, you find yourself on a desert island populated with my characters, she’s the one to meet.

If you could spend a day with one of your characters, who would it be?

Ronan. Ronan Ronan Ronan. Especially if he looked anything like he does on my cover, which naturally he does. Yum.

If you could go back in time for a day, where would you go?

This one’s a no-brainer—just take a look at my early books for the answer. Old Scotland. Seriously, a bunch of crazy, brave, crazy-brave men in kilts, running around waving giant swords? I am so there. But I can tell you one thing: I’d be sporting me some serious Kevlar.

Could you tell us 5 random facts about yourself?

1. I can’t cook to save my life, and if left to my own devices, I would exist on bowls of cereal and pizza with pepperoni and black olives. Thankfully my husband loves to cook.

2. When I was younger, I was dreadfully, agonizingly shy of boys. The fact that I attended an all-girls high school didn’t help matters.

3. A lifelong dream is to learn to play the banjo. I can say with near-certainty that this will never come to pass.

4. I moved all over as a kid and once attended four schools in a two-year period.

5. I love fielding questions that are answerable in list form.

What is a book you have read lately and loved?

I'm late to the Jennifer Echols party. I started reading GOING TOO FAR one night (it was the first of hers that I read and it remains my favorite) and was up till 3 AM finishing it. My husband has grown to dislike the sight of books that bear even a passing resemblance to her covers.

----------------------------

Thank you Veronica for stopping by the blog! Make sure to check out my review of Isle of Night, which went up today as well. You can find Veronica on the web at her website, Facebook, and Twitter. You can also check out an excerpt of Isle of Night here, and believe me you want to, because this book is fantastic!

Also be sure to check out the snazzy trailer, here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous ZoeRainDasherBenji said...

Yay she loves Jennifer Echols too!

I always thought that the girl from the cover of Isle of Night looks like Rosamund Pike and the guy looks like Joe Jonas.

September 3, 2011 at 3:06 AM  
Blogger Veronica Wolff said...

Thanks again for having me, Erica! I wanted to post that there's a new trailer for the book, too: http://youtu.be/mcldtZHb8Xo

September 3, 2011 at 1:19 PM  
Anonymous BookBreather said...

I've heard so many wonderful things about Jennifer Echols, but I still haven't joined that party yet :(

I want to read this book so bad! Veronica, I love your name, btw. First and last :) And I know how you feel about moving around a lot. I'm on my fourth high school in he past year :0

September 3, 2011 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Veronica Wolff said...

Oh, BookBreather, join the Echols party. My favorite so far is GOING TOO FAR. And thanks for the compliment on my name! The only downside is that I'm often at the bottom of bookstore shelves...LOL.

Good luck with your own moving around...four in one year is tough. My own four-in-two-years was during middle school, and in a weird way, it actually made a time that is typically horrific not so bad. Like, I was just kind of skimming the surface and never got sucked into too much middle school angst. Anyway, thanks for saying hi. Hope you like the book. :)

September 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home