This Page

has been moved to new address

Interview with Chrissy Peebles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Interview with Chrissy Peebles

Chrissy Peebles has stopped by the blog today for an interview. Welcome Chrissy :)

Chrissy is the author of Agartha's Castaway. Here's a bit about the book, for those who haven't heard:

Dinosaurs, abduction, and a hidden civilization were never part of Casey Smith's vacation plans. That is, until a freak storm tossed her and two best friends, Mike and Jack, out to sea. When they wash up on what they presume to be a mysterious tropical island...they soon discover that being lost is the least of their troubles. In a jungle that teems with impossible creatures, UFOs, an unworldly landscape the three friends need to team up to fight danger...without letting their emotions tear them apart. Can they find a way to survive the harsh jungle...and its deadly inhabitiants?

You can buy the book on Kindle here. Book 2, Agartha's Last Hope will be out this year.

Hi Erica, thanks for having me today on your blog. I’m so thrilled to be here.

Hmm. 5 random facts? Let’s see.


1. My favorite show is The Vampire Diaries. I never miss an episode!
2. Laughter is my best medicine.
3. I love chocolate! And I’m addicted to Pepsi.
4. I can’t live without my iPod.
5. I love science but I suck at math.

If you could be any mythology creature, what would you be?

I’d be a mutant shape shifter with blue skin and yellow eyes. I’d live in the Marvel universe, home to the most kick-butt superheroes in the galaxy. Any idea who I’m talking about? *smiles* Yep! Mystique from the X-men.


Which is harder for you to write: The first line? or the last line?

That all-important first line! The first line in any novel is like the first four notes of Beethoven's Fifth—da-da-da-dum. All the ideas for that entire song are firmly grounded in the first few notes. It’s the same way for a book.

If you could have lunch with any of your characters, who would you chose?

It’d have to be with surfing star, Mike Pierce. Because afterward, he could give me some surfing lessons. I’d love to learn how to surf! There’s something so cool about the wind blowing through your hair, the smell of the ocean, and the roaring surf—all while riding a monstrous wave to shore. If I lived near the ocean, I know I’d be a surfer chick.

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

I’d throw on my wet suit and dive down hundreds of feet to admire the incredible aquatic life under the Galapagos Islands. Can you imagine swimming with giant mantas, turtles, dolphins, tuna, and sea lions? And let’s not forget about the 32 species of sharks! White tip reef sharks, whale sharks, bull sharks, and large schools of hammerhead sharks swim throughout the clear waters. Am I scared? : ) Nope. I think I’m more likely to be killed by lightning or a bee sting than by a shark attack. So yeah, it’d be so much fun and such a blast!

Thanks for having me on your lovely blog, Erica. It's been fun! And thanks to everyone who tuned in. I’d love to connect with you online.

http://chrissypeebles.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/chrissy.peebles1


Check out Chrissy's book trailer for Agartha’s Castaway:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

What a great analogy of the first sentence of a book being like the first couple notes of Beethoven's Fifth. I never thought of it that way, but it's so true.

Great Interview!

October 27, 2011 at 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Chrissy said...

Thanks Lisa! And thanks so much Erica for having me. : ) Have a Happy Halloween weekend!

October 29, 2011 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home