This Page

has been moved to new address

The Best of 2011

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Best of 2011

I read so many great books this year, and I wanted to highlight them all in more than simply having a Top 10 of 2011 list. So here are my sort of "superlatives" for this years releases. My Top 10 of 2011 list will be going up soon, but I thought I would start with my superlatives for books.

Best Debut:


This one goes to Miranda Kenneally with Catching Jordan. It seriously was just an amazing book. The writing was great, I loved all the characters, and the story was so fun to read.

Best Writing:


This one goes to Victoria Schwab with The Near Witch. This book was just beautifully written and I loved every page. I am very excited to see more from her!

Best Cast of Characters:

This one again is going to Miranda Kenneally with Catching Jordan. I just loved the characters and I never wanted their story to end. I was so sad when I finished. I can only hope that some of them make an appearance in the future companion novels, as that would just be awesome.

Best Action:

This one goes to Courtney Allison Moulton with Angelfire. This book had some epic action and fighting. Ellie was awesome, and when you pair her with Will....ya. The reapers were so cool and different from the typical guy in the cloak with a scythe, and they really upped the action.

Best Audiobook:


The audio of Please Ignore Vera Dietz by AS King was simply ah-mazing. I could listen to this one over and over, and never get bored.

Best 2012 Release That I Read In 2011:

Witch's Brew by Heidi R Kling - This book is BRILLIANT, brilliant I tell you. And when it comes out in the new year, you all definitely want to read it. I loved every page - and I'll tell you a secret, I loved it even more than Sea! (A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford is a close second - it is FANTASTIC. I loved A Touch Mortal, but A Touch Morbid is even snazzier. Everything is bigger and better. Leah Clifford really outdid herself with that book)

Best Book With Humor:

Past Perfect by Leila Sales - Leila Sales is just a genius. The entire premise of this book was kind of funny - two historical reannactment camps teen workers duking it out in 'war'? Plus, there were so many things that went down that I couldn't stop laughing about. If you are looking for a funny book, check out this one or Leila's other book, Mostly Good Girls!

Best New Series: 


The Mythos Academy Series by Jennifer Estep will have to take this one home. I fell in love with Touch of Frost and fell even more in love with Kiss of Frost. Jennifer Estep has crafted this amazing world that I just love.

Best Book With No Romance:

Nightspell by Leah Cypess - I love romance as much as anyone, but those books that have none at all are always a breath of fresh air. Nightspell not only didn't have the element of romance, but it also was just a great story. On a side note, this is definitely one of the best fantasies of the year! Absolutely wonderful.

Best Middle Grade of the Year: 
Middle Grade is something I branched out more this year and read more of. I have found that I absolutely adore middle grade fantasy, so it should come as no surprise that my best middle grade of the year is a fantasy with The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann. This book had a great world and I can't wait to see what happens with the characters in book 2.


Best Heroine:

This is going to Ellie from Courtney Allison Moulton's Angelfire. I loved Ellie - she does pretty well for being thrown into this new life. I loved her character and her spunk.


Best Couple:

Riley and Attie from Stefne Miller's Rise. These two are just adorable, and no matter what happens, they always work through it <3.

Best Bad Boy:




This one goes to Luke from A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford. He gets even better in book 2, A Touch Morbid. Luke is just the perfect bad boy, and I will fight off all y'all for him.

So those are my "bests" of the year. I'll be posting another few lists about my bests of 2011, but I thought this was a great start. So now I am curious - what are your "bests" of the year?

7 Comments:

Blogger Sophia said...

Hm. How did I know that Catching Jordan would be on here? ;) I feel awful because I've read absolutely none of the books on this list. Looks like I have a lot to add to my tbr pile!

December 28, 2011 at 12:41 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I'm 100% with you on Angelfire having awesome action scenes! I was so impressed when I read the book. Some of the best action writing I've ever seen without a doubt.

December 28, 2011 at 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to request for Nightspell after it caught my eyes, but opted for another book. Now I'm regretting not getting it. Once in awhile, I enjoy reading books with no romance. :) Keeps away all those complications.

December 28, 2011 at 1:24 AM  
Blogger Danny said...

I so very much agree with you on Angelfire - I loved her, she was a amazing heroine!
I still have to read A Touch Morbid and I can't wait to find out what you said about Luke... OoOOoO!!
You know who my fav bad boy is: Cole from Everneath!

December 28, 2011 at 6:22 AM  
Blogger We Heart YA said...

Woohoo for Catching Jordan!! We've been wanting to read that one ever since we heard about it months ago. Glad to hear it's so amazing.

We also really admired the writing in The Near Witch. :)

We'll be posting our fave books of 2011 soon too!

December 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger amber d* said...

LOVED Angelfire!

And even though I said I was reading Catching Jordan earlier, I'm just now gonna go start it but I'm super excited still!

December 28, 2011 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Alexa said...

Yay! I'm glad Catching Jordan was a book you loved and that it made some of your top choices. I really need to read A Touch Mortal, you are in love with that series as well!

Thanks for showing off all of your great choices, I still need to read several of these. :)

December 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home