This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Each week features a different topic, and you make a top ten list about it. This week is the Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book.

#1 is JK Rowling

I really wish she'd write another series or another book or ANYTHING. Harry Potter is seriously so brilliant, so more of her writing would be awesome.

Alexandra Bracken

I know she has The Darkest Minds coming out this year, but I need MORE books by her. She is one of the most talented writers I have come across these days I feel like. Brightly Woven was soooo fantastic. It's this superb high fantasy, if you haven't heard of it!

Julia Hoban

Willow was BRILLIANT and beyond, so I just would love more books from Julia Hoban.

Anastasia Hopcus

I really loved Shadow Hills, so I would love to more from her!

Kristin Cashore

I really love her writing, so it'd be fun to see what she did out of the world of Graceling, Fire, and Bitterblue.

Dan Elconin

Never After was this super fabulous read that I absolutely loved, and I would very much love to see more from him!

Jenny Davidson

I would LOVE to read more from this lady - she is a genius! The Explosionist remains one of my favorite books, and I read it over 3 years ago now!

Who is on your list?

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Khy said...

The Alex Bracken!!!

January 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JK rowling for sure and Kristin Cashore. I loved fire and graceling but I haven't gotten to read Bitterblue yet! I can't until its released.

January 10, 2012 at 12:11 AM  
Blogger Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

I loved BRIGHTLY WOVEN so much! It's still weird to see BLACK IS THE COLOR with its new name, THE DARKEST MINDS. I was devastated when it was announced Summer 2013, ecstatic when it moved to Summer 2012, and sad when it pushed again to Dec 2012. Give it to me already! LOL!! Kristin Cashore, yeeeeeeeees. Can't wait for BITTERBLUE...and other novels in new directions! If you like these two, definitely pick up INCARNATE by Jodi Meadows this month. I'm pretty obsessed with it and it might--just MIGHT have beaten out GRACELING as my favorite YA fantasy!

January 10, 2012 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger Debbie's World of Books said...

Julia Hoban made my list as well! I loved Shadow Hills too. When is the sequel due out? Here is <a href="http://debbiesworldofbooks.com/2012/01/09/top-ten-authors-i-wish-would-write-another-book/>my list</a>.

January 10, 2012 at 12:36 AM  
Blogger Drea said...

Totally agree w/JKR and KC--of course, I haven't read BB yet so I still get that "next book" delight! Here's mine for this week: http://bookblather.net/?p=4411

January 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM  
Blogger Laura D. said...

Totally agree on JK Rowling. I read somewhere that she might start writing under a pseudonym. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Laura @ The Traveling Owl

January 10, 2012 at 1:04 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I completely forget about JK Rowling! She should have been number one on my list too! Color me ashamed....

Come check out my TTT: http://amandalynsbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-tuesday-authors-i-wish-would.html

January 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM  
Blogger -k said...

I've had Shadow Hills on my shelf for ages and have yet to sit down and read it - I definitely will very soon now!

Great list this week!

January 10, 2012 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger Michael @ The Bookshelf Review said...

JK Rowling is a given. I would love to seen Anything from her too. =] I hadn't thought of Kristen Cashore. Awesome list. =]
Here is My Top Ten

January 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just bought Brightly Woven and can't wait to read it sometime this year. I keep seeing Willow on people's TTT this week, but I don't remember hearing much about it in the past. I definitely need to check it out!

Steph
Top Ten Tuesday @ The Caffeinated Reader

January 10, 2012 at 2:06 AM  
Anonymous Tanya Patrice said...

Ooh totally agree with Kristin Cashore - would love to see more books outside of the series by her.

January 10, 2012 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

Don't hit me or throw rocks at me, I haven't read the HP series! But I do want JK Rowling
to write another book or series. Why? I loved all the HP movies & I'm sure her writing is amazing, so I would love another magical book. :) Great list!

January 10, 2012 at 7:09 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Defiantly agree about j.k Rowling she's great.

January 10, 2012 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger April (BooksandWine) said...

Ahhh! I still need to read Willow. I feel like almost everyone who reads it loves it.

ALSO dubs true on JK Rowling. She is the master.

January 10, 2012 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Rowling I think is a given for most of us, but Alexandra Bracken and Julia Hoban? YES!! I loved Brightly Woven and Willow, and I really want to read more from them!

January 10, 2012 at 4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everyone wants more from J.K. Rowing. I had Kristin Cashore and Alexandra Bracken on my list too. Haven't read anything by any of the other authors.

January 10, 2012 at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home