This Page

has been moved to new address

Little Black Lies by Tish Cohen

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Little Black Lies by Tish Cohen


Little Black Lies
Tish Cohen
Release Date: October 13, 2009
Publisher: Egmont USA
Pages: 320

Rating: 4 stars

Sara Black is tiptoeing across a fraying tightrope.
As the new eleventh grader at Anton High – the most elite public school in the country – she sticks out like an old VW bus in a parking lot full of shiny BMWs. But being the new kid also brings a certain advantageous anonymity.
In Anton High’s world of privilege, intelligence, and wealth, Sara can escape her family’s tarnished past and become whomever she wants.
And what’s the harm in telling a few little black lies when it can lead to popularity? That is, until another it girl at Anton becomes jealous of Sara’s social climbing.
With her balance evaporating, one small push could bring Sara crashing down.


Little Black Lies was a light read that a wide range of teens will enjoyable. It's a well written book that is 100% believable. That was one reason I enjoyed it so much, there was never a moment where you were thinking, "That'd never happen."

Each chapter opens with a random fact about ants, which comes from Anton students referring to themselves as "ants". I thought that was so unique! Tish Cohen created a main character you can sympathize for and also connect with, but I found myself frustrated at Sara at times. One lie would build into another, and she was a character that had nothing but great things for her. Though I do understand her struggle to balance school and family life. The other characters really grow on you as the novel goes on. There were a few characters I was not crazy about in the beginning, but were my favorites by the end.

I loved the underlying romance throughout the entire novel. I would have liked to see a little more of it, as I fell in love with the boy and would've liked to know a bit more about him. I liked the involvement of OCD with Sara's father. It really makes you understand how living with someone with ODC can affect your life. Little Black Lies ends with an ending to make you go "Awww"

Little Black Lies was a novel I really enjoyed reading, and should Tish Cohen decide to continue Sara and the other characters story, it'd be a book I'd be first in line to buy.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Hmm, I hadn't heard of this one before. Great review. I'll have to add it.

October 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Briana said...

I want to read this!! It sounds so cute, and the cover is adorable. Great review!! :)

-Arielle

October 22, 2009 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Staysi said...

Great review! I really wanna read this one. It sounds interesting. Btw, you have an award over at my blog! :)

http://lostininkreviews.blogspot.com/

October 22, 2009 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Eleni said...

Nice review, this book sounds good!

November 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great review - well done. Interesting that each chapter starts with a random thought about ants. Hmmmm that's different :)

November 10, 2009 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger A Passion For Books said...

Great review! I really want to read this one, sounds cute.

November 15, 2009 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger Reading said...

Sounds like an interesting book. I love the idea of the ant facts.

November 22, 2009 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger L said...

This books sounds really good. I'll have to get a copy of it!

November 25, 2009 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Sounds like a great book. You gave it an awesome review and rating! I'll be sure to read this one.
Thanks. :)

November 26, 2009 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger Nancye said...

Great review! This sounds like a very good book that I would like to read.

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

November 26, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home