This Page

has been moved to new address

Marvelous Monday: Author Interview with Kiera Cass

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, October 12, 2009

Marvelous Monday: Author Interview with Kiera Cass


I'm very excited to introduce Kiera Cass who is joining us today for another Marvelous Monday!

Kiera Cass is the author of the wonderful novel, The Siren (see my review here). You can visit her on the web at http://www.kieracass.com!

Where'd you get the inspiration for The Siren?
It's kind of typical, but I got the idea after a nap. I must have been dreaming about something in the water, because that's what was on my mind when I woke up. I thought the sirens' world would be a fun one to write about except I didn't have a purpose for these girls, and that really bothered me. Then I got the idea that the Ocean ate people and needed this army of beautiful women to draw people in. That was it! And The Siren was born.

Have you visited any of the places Kahlen and the other sirens frequent?
Two. The beach in Pawleys Island is a real place that's tucked away at the end of a road. It's beautiful at night and kind of a special secret among some friends of mine. And I went to Port Clyde, Maine. I knew that Kahlen's love interest would need to be close to water, and I picked that town randomly out of a book. Once I knew I was going to really dive into this story, I had to go see it myself. What if I got it wrong?! It turns out Port Clyde was everything I hoped it would be. I have pictures of the town up at my website, www.KieraCass.com

If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oh, now that is a problem... I might go crazy. I could probably whittle it down to Fly by Eddie From Ohio or Dark Blue by Jack's Mannequin.

Where are your favorite places to write?
There used to be this great cookie shop in town called Crumb and Get It. I loved writing there; it smelled so nice! But nowadays I do most of my writing at home. I'm seven months pregnant and WAY too many smells bother me to hang in coffee shops.

Do you have any writing rituals or routines you have to follow?
Yes. I feel kind of silly about this, but I start all of my projects in a notebook and then transfer the chapters to my computer. Every story absolutely has to have the right notebook and the right color pen. I wrote The Siren in green. You thought it would be blue, didn't you? :)

Are you currently working on any other projects?
Yes! I'm working on something called The Selection. It's a little too early for me to talk about the plot, but I will share that the notebook has a crest on it, and I wrote it in purple.

What's the best book you've read lately?
My reading has slowed a bit lately. Mostly due to Baby making me tired and my writing so much. I really enjoyed Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and, even though it was a little wordy, The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson.

I hope you all enjoy The Siren. If you've already read it (or read it soon), stop by my YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/user/kieracass) because there are some contest going on. I love giving away stuff!

Thanks so much Kiera for taking the time to being interviewed :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home