This Page

has been moved to new address

Best Books in 2011 You May Have Missed

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best Books in 2011 You May Have Missed

There are so many great books out there, and there are a ton that I don't feel get enough attention.

Head Games by Keri Mikulski / Stealing Bases by Keri Mikulski

Both of these books are great - they have a super fun story and great characters. I feel they definitely don't get the attention they deserve!

Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby

This book was so darn cute. It was my first read by Amanda Ashby, and made me fall in love with her works. I haven't read anything else by her yet, but it's a goal to do so soon.

Clarity by Kim Harrington

Mysteries are great, but good mysteries are hard to find. Clarity was that perfect mystery novel AND there are two charming boys that I could not choose between.

Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley

This is a delightful high fantasy, and I thought it was great. It think it was a promising start to the series.

Nightspell by Leah Cypess

This is another super awesome fantasy with a very unique story to tell. I read straight through this one, and cannot believe how great it was.

Stay With Me by Paul Griffin

This was a book I read in February, and I am still thinking about it. It was such a powerful read and was really raw and real.

Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey

This book was so delightful, and I really enjoyed it. I loved Scott Tracey's take on witches and plot was just a ton of fun!

Past Perfect by Leila Sales

This book is so wonderful. I loved Leila Sales debut, and this was just another great book by her. It is charming, funny, and has such a great plot. I couldn't put this one down.

A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford

This one definitely didn't get the attention it deserved. It's a brilliant read and a great start to a trilogy! It was a really unique read, and I loved that Leah Clifford made everything her own, with the siders and even with the angels that do appear. A great read!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Past Perfect's cover is adorable! Great list!


Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

December 29, 2011 at 1:21 AM  
Blogger Beth G. said...

Past Perfect was one I meant to read but somehow neve quite got to. Thanks for the reminder!

December 29, 2011 at 1:50 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I really enjoyed both of Leila Sales books. They just have a cuteness about them that make you feel giddy inside.

December 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't read any of these, but I guess I should!:)

December 29, 2011 at 1:23 PM  
Anonymous Melanie said...

I'm past due for another funny book. The last one I read was "A Match Made in High School," so it's definitely been awhile. Past Perfect sounds amazing!

December 30, 2011 at 12:40 AM  
Blogger Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Clarity and Past Perfect were so good!!

I totally need to read Fairy Bad Day. I won a copy, so I have it waiting for me, I just haven't had a chance to pick it up.

December 30, 2011 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger Midnyte Reader said...

I loved Clarity too. There are a few other books on your list that I was iffy about but maybe I'll check them out.

December 31, 2011 at 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home