This Page

has been moved to new address

Waiting On Wednesday (133) - The Selection by Kiera Cass

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (133) - The Selection by Kiera Cass

Waiting on Wednesday is a topic brought to life by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. With Waiting On Wednesday you get to introduce to everyone upcoming books you're excited about!


The Selection by Kiera Cass coming April 24, 2012 from Harper Teen

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

I am SO excited for this book, like you have no idea. I read The Siren (my review) by her in 2009, and was in love with everything about it. When I heard about The Selection I was absolutely ecstatic, since this sounds SUPER brilliant.

What are you guys waiting on?

Labels:

25 Comments:

Blogger Jena said...

I am SO excited for this one! I cannot wait to read it! It sounds terrific!

January 4, 2012 at 12:01 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

This one sounds amazing and the cover is gorgeous, I can't wait to read it :)

January 4, 2012 at 12:13 AM  
Blogger Chey said...

Although I had this one on my wishlist, I don't think I've ever really read the synopsis all the way through. Now I'm even more excited for it!

January 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM  
Anonymous Samual said...

I've seen this book a few times. I like the sounds of it!! The cover looks pretty! Great pick! Thank you for featuring it!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

January 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Ahh yes, the cover is absolutely gorgeous and being a dystopian just makes me want to read it even more! I'm extremely jealous of all the bloggers who already have an ARC of this!

Kim @ The Paper Planes

January 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM  
Blogger Van said...

Seen this around a lot of blogs, definitely a book I want to read. Great pick!

check out my wow? http://shortandsweetreviews.blogspot.com/

January 4, 2012 at 2:55 AM  
Blogger Maji Bookshelf said...

Honestly i can't wait to read this book!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE the cover and synopsis. Can't wait for it!

great pick

- juhina
Here is our WOW pick

January 4, 2012 at 4:22 AM  
Blogger Elodie said...

I can't wait to read this book !! It sounds like the perfect dystopia .. Great pick ;)

January 4, 2012 at 5:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've added "The Selection" to my wishlist, it sounds like a good read :) Great Waiting On Wednesday Choice

Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog ★NEW BLOG FOLLOWER ★ Click Here To Check Out My Waiting On Wednesday

January 4, 2012 at 7:07 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Oh I can't wait! It's so pretty....

January 4, 2012 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm looking forward to The Selection as well.

Here's my WOW pick.

Kat
Wit and Sin

January 4, 2012 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

The cover makes me go ahh. I definitely think this is going to be a great book.

January 4, 2012 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dying for this one! The cover is gorgeous city! And the description is awesome royal dystopian version of The Bachelor!
My WOW

January 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM  
Blogger thepamjelly said...

Excited for this one too! The cover looks so pretty!

Pam | jellylovesbooks

January 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I just adore the cover for this one-dramatic dress, beautiful color-and I can't wait to read it!

January 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Majanka said...

I can't wait for this book either. I DEMAND a review copy ;) I'm sad it isn't on Netgalley yet :(

My WoW.

January 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Giselle said...

Yes this is one of my fav covers of 2012! I wouldn't have guessed dystopian from it though but I love dystopians and really excited for this one!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

January 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great cover, nice choice.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

January 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I am also excited to the point of giddy over this one! Also FINALLY! A girl in a ball gown on a cover that makes sense!! I'd read it for that alone.

January 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

I am soooooo excited for this one!! I featured it last week :)

Anna @ Literary Exploration

January 4, 2012 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger The Brunette Librarian said...

This one does sound really good. Gorgeous cover too!

http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

January 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Bailey said...

Totally with you on this one Erica. That cover is so pretty and the plot sounds GREAT!

January 4, 2012 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Giselle San Miguel said...

Oh I'm definitely going to get this when it's out in stores too. SOOO excited too!
------
Giselle @ booknerd.ca
Waiting on Wednesday

January 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger Debbie's World of Books said...

This one is on my list too! I can't wait to read it.

January 7, 2012 at 2:53 AM  
Blogger Jasmine Rose said...

The synopsis is intriguing, but I'm not going to lie, it's the cover that makes me keep coming back to this one :P

January 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home