This Page

has been moved to new address

Holiday Book Guide

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Book Guide

For all of you who haven't finished your holiday shopping yet, I have a guide of some my favorite books that I think different people would like!

If you like contemporary....

Sea by Heidi R Kling: This book is one of those striking stories that will stick with you and tells a story worth hearing. Plus there's a sizzling romance!

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

Salvaged by Stefne Miller: Stefne Miller tells a very different kind of story, and after reading this one, you will feel so empowered. I find myself rereading them when I feel down, and I walk away after feeling so much better, about myself and about whatever was bothering me.

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

Clarity by Kim Harrington: Are you looking for a good mystery that has romance to go along with it? A witty story told by great characters? Then Clarity is your book!

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

Saving June by Hannah Harrington: This is a book that was all too perfect for me. It deals with music, but also  tells a heartwrenching story that is filled with growth and has beautiful characters.

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols: Jennifer Echols is one of my favorite authors, I count down the days until her new books come out. Yet this one is still my favorite. Nothing can out do its brilliance in my eyes. It is just an amazing story.

Amazon | B&N

If you like fantasy....

Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken: This is hands down one of the best fantasies I have read in ages and ages. Bracken builds a distinct world, the story is great, and North is one great guy. It is high fantasy and awesome to boot.

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs: Sweet Venom takes classic mythology and twists it in such a clever way. Set in modern times, the story of Medusa is revisited and there is a lot of awesome action and a brilliant story line.

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

Tyger, Tyger / In the Forests of the Night by Kersten Hamilton: These two books are the start to an amazing series. I love the mythology Kersten Hamilton has brought to life through Teagan's life. All the characters are just so great. I couldn't put either one of these down.

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N (Or the Kindle Version is 2.69)

Touch of Frost / Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep: This is my new favorite series. It takes in all these cool mythologies and puts them to use in a brilliant world with a kickin' story.

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

If you like paranormal...

A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford: This book is so unique and will really take you on an emotional roller coaster. The characters go on an intense journey, and I couldn't help but to love the characters.

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa: I love this series. I have since the first book came out. It is such a unique look at faeries, which was entirely refreshing. Mix that with the adventures that go down and the brilliant cast of characters, The Iron Fey series will be sure to charm.

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton: This book was just super fabulous. It had kick ass fighting scenes, reapers, angels, sexy guys, all tied up in a fast paced story line.

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

If you like sci-fi/dystopian....

Skyship Academy: The Pearl Wars by Nick James: This one is a super well-written sci-fi book that I just couldn't put down. It has a super cool story, that you don't want to miss.

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

Enclave by Ann Aguirre: This one is a dystopian, and one of the best I have read to date. It was intense and action packed from start to finish.

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

The Maze Runner by James Dashner: Another brilliant dystopian and one of the first ones that really won me over. It for sure could be a boy book too if that is something you are looking for!

Amazon | Book Depository | B&N

Now those are my suggestions, what books are y'all giving for the holidays or hoping to receive?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Beatrice said...

Hmm, the fantasy list looks really intriguing. Can't wait to get my hands on some of those. All in all, a great list thanks!

Interested in book reviews? Tune in to The Book Report on a station near you - Check out http://bookreportradio.com for stations and schedule. It's a great show!

November 27, 2011 at 1:14 AM  
Blogger Gimme The Scoop said...

Thanks for the awesome list Erica! Sweet Venom and Enclave is on my holiday wish list! I also think the Harry Potter Books make an awesome gift and have thought about getting those for my nephew.

November 27, 2011 at 1:14 AM  
Blogger Kapri (Book Fanatics) said...

Thanks for this! It's very helpful. Shoot, I can use this for myself :)

November 27, 2011 at 1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh on my giveaway list. It's quite suitable for women of all ages and I loved it, so I can't wait for my friends to read it. :)

I'm hoping to receive a Stephanie Perkins book. Not likely, but who knows? A miracle might happen. :D

November 27, 2011 at 1:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Saving June was one of my favorite books of the year, I just loved everything about it! Although I seem to be the only person around who didn't really like Brightly Woven. It fell completely flat for me, yet everyone else gives it great reviews. Not sure what I missed..:P

November 27, 2011 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger BookStacksOnDeck said...

Wow, Enclave sounds awesome - thanks for the recommendation!
-Heather@BookStacksOnDeck

November 27, 2011 at 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree, Enclave does sound cool! Thanks for this, I really need to get up to date! lol

November 27, 2011 at 6:22 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I love this list! Looking forward to reading Saving June. Maybe I can buy it for a friend and then borrow it later :)

December 1, 2011 at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home