This Page

has been moved to new address

Waiting on Wednesday (128) - The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (128) - The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges

Waiting on Wednesday is a topic brought to life by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. With Waiting On Wednesday you get to introduce to everyone upcoming books you're excited about!

The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
Coming January 10, 2012 from Delacorte Books for Young Readers

St. Petersburg, Russia, 1888. As she attends a whirl of glittering balls, royal debutante Katerina Alexandrovna, Duchess of Oldenburg, tries to hide a dark secret: she can raise the dead. No one knows. Not her family. Not the girls at her finishing school. Not the tsar or anyone in her aristocratic circle. Katerina considers her talent a curse, not a gift. But when she uses her special skill to protect a member of the Imperial Family, she finds herself caught in a web of intrigue.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay Cummings author said...

love this wintry cover!

I'm hosting an exclusive cover reveal for TOUCHING THE SURFACE, by Kimberly Sabatini. Releases in 2012 from Simon Pulse! Come by and check it out and comment your thoughts!!!

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/wow-exclusive-cover-reveal-touching.html

November 30, 2011 at 1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the cover! This seems a bit too much on the "dark" side for me (I don't read many books about raising the dead). :)

November 30, 2011 at 1:37 AM  
Blogger Tia said...

I've seen this around the blogs a lot and it looks pretty interesting! I like the cover!

My WoW

November 30, 2011 at 2:17 AM  
Blogger Van said...

Oh this one sounds spooky good, will be adding this to my tbr list!

check out my wow:
http://shortandsweetreviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/wow-waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

November 30, 2011 at 3:15 AM  
Blogger Olivia Williams said...

Oh my gosh! I can't wait to read this one! I love the cover! There is so many good books coming out in 2012!

November 30, 2011 at 3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that it's set in russia – not the typical location.

My WOW

November 30, 2011 at 4:22 AM  
Anonymous Samual said...

Oh, I like the cover!! It's pretty! I like the sound of the book---raise the dead! Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

November 30, 2011 at 4:29 AM  
Blogger CHRISTIE said...

This book sounds really good & I'm loving the idea of a setting in historical Russia. Great pick!

November 30, 2011 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I'm looking forward to this one because of the setting in historical Russia-different from most YA and hopefully very atmospheric and exciting!

November 30, 2011 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger A Beautiful Madness said...

This book sounds so great! Can't wait to finally read it. Love russian history, so this sounds intriguing! Great pick!
Em
My WOW
A Beautiful Madness

November 30, 2011 at 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Danica Page @danica_page said...

I love all things Russia, and am excited to receive this one.

I'm actually going to be receiving this one through the DAC Tours. I'm really excited to read this. Great pick!

Here's my WOW. http://danicapage.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

November 30, 2011 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

I adore the wintery cover for this one...plus the different setting is cool too!

Great choice :D

November 30, 2011 at 12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love the cover and I want to read this one so badly!

November 30, 2011 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I am incredibly excited for this book to be out. I want to read it so darn badly that I can almost taste it. lol. And the cover makes me all chilly and cold. :)

Suz @ A Soul Unsung
My Teaser Tuesday!
My WoW!
susanhaugland@att.net

November 30, 2011 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger Geo Librarian said...

Russian history combined with the fantasy aspect. What an interesting idea. I do so love to read books that take place elsewhere, and stories about the Imperial family are fascinating in and of themselves.

December 1, 2011 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Marathon said...

I love the glimpses I've had into the Russian culture, history, and language, and so I found myself irresistibly drawn to anything even remotely related. I can't wait to read The Gathering Storm myself!

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

December 2, 2011 at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home