This Page

has been moved to new address

End of the Year Wrap Up / 2011 Reading

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#000; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-Serif; text-align:center; color:#ccc; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#9ad; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#a7a; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#ad9; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #333; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #222; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; color:#ccc; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#ccc; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#ad9; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #222; border-width:0 1px 1px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:bold 78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#777; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; line-height:1.4em; color:#ad9; } .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#ad9; } .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#333; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#777; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#999; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #222; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of the Year Wrap Up / 2011 Reading

This year was full of so many amazing times. I survived my first semester at college, and still managed to post everyday, which I found to probably be my biggest blogging accomplishment this year. I also managed to read 156 books and 15 rereads (unless I read more during the day today!), which is most definitely a record for me! I am a bit amazed I was able to read so much, with everything that happened this year.

Here are all the books I read this year:

1. Head Games by Keri Mikulski
2. Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
3. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
4. Sinful by Sara Dailey and Staci Weber
5. Trickster's Girl by Hilari Bell
6. The Opposite of Amber by Gillian Philip
7. Clarity by Kim Harrington
8. Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting
9. Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors
10. Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley
11. Language of Love by Deborah Reber
12. Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin
13. Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann
14. Daughter of Xanadu by Dori Jones Yang
15. Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
16. Sleepless by Cyn Balog
17. Wither by Lauren Destefano
18. Jealousy by Lili St Crow
19. Encalve by Ann Aguirre
20. Suspicion by Kate Brian
21. Scandal by Kate Brian
22. Vanished by Kate Brian
23. Ominous by Kate Brian
24. Secrets and Shadows by Shannon Delany
25. Scars by Cheryl Rainfeld
26. 50/50 Monologues for Student Actors by Mary Depner
27. Defiance by Lili St Crow
28. A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
29. So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti
30. Instructions for a Broken Heart by Kim Culbertson
31. Rival by Sara Bennett Wealer
32. Rise by Stefne Miler
33. Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs
34. Flawless by Lara Chapman
35. Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
36. The A Circuit by Georgina Bloomberg and Catherine Hapka
37. Exposed by Kimberly Marcus
38. Intertwined by Gena Showalter
39. Abandon by Meg Cabot
40. Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready
41. Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby
42. A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
43. Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
44. John Belushi Is Dead by Kathy Charles
45. How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend by Gary Ghislain
46. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
47.. Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey
48. Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley
49. The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
50. The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan
51. Spinning Out by David Stahler Jr
52. Crush Control by Jennifer Jabaley
53. Stealing Bases by Keri Mikulski
54. Blood Ties by Mari Mancusi
55. The Very Thought of You by Rosie Alison
56. Fakie by Tony Varrato
57. Love Story by Jennifer Echols
58. The Survivors by Amanda Havard
59. Foiled by Taylor Morris
60. Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
61. The School For Dangerous Girls by Eliot Schrefer
62. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
63. From Willa, With Love by Coleen Murtagh Paratore
64. Once Every Never by Lesley Livingston
65. Between by Jessica Warman
66. Misfit by Jon Skovron
67. Michael Vey by Richard Paul Evans
68. Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
69. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
70. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
71. Club Dead by Charlaine Harris
72. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
73. Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
74. Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
75. All Together dead by Charlaine Harris
76. Blowout by Taylor Morris
77. From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris
78. Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
79. Tunnel Vision by Susan Shaw
80. Dead in the Family by Susan Shaw
81. Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison
82. Bargains and Betrayals by Shannon Delany
83. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
84. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
85. Vintage Veronica by Erica S Perl
86. Stay With Me by Paul Griffin
87. Skyship Academy by Nick James
88. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
89. Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey
90. Fantasy: An Artist's Realm by Ben Boos
91. Swords: An Artist's Devotion by Ben Boos
92. The Postmortal by Drew Magary
93. Isle of Night by Veronica Wolff
94. Past Midnight by Mara Purnhagen
95. My Not-So-Still Life by Liz Gallagher
96. Legend by Marie Lu
97. Lovestruck Summer by Melissa Walker
98. The Espressologist by Kristina Springer
99. Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik
100. After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel
101. Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
102. Fateful by Claudia Gray
103. Supernaturally by Kiersten White
104. Arcadia by Tom Stoppard
104.5 Dubliners by James Joyce (I only read about half of it for class, as that was all I was required)
105. Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov
106. The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
107. Translations by Brian Friel
108. Disgrace by JM Coetzee
109. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
110. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
111. The Radleys by Matt Haig
112. Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep
113. The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann
114. Audition by Stasia Ward Kahoe
115. Ashfall by Mike Mullin
116. Dark Companion by Marta Acosta
117. Past Perfect by Leila Sales
118. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
119. Prized by Caragh O'Brien
120. The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
121. Eon by Alison Goodman
122. The Juliet Spell by Douglas Rees
123. Please Ignore Vera Dietz by AS King
124. In the Forests of the Night by Kersten Hamilton
125. Nightspell by Leah Cypess
126. A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford
127. If On a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino
128. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
129. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
130. Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
131. Saving June by Hannah Harrington
132. Firelight by Sophie Jordan
133. Revealing Eden by Victoria Foyt
134. Dark Mirror by MJ Putney
135. Witch's Brew by Heidi R Kling
136. Arcania by Liz Maverick
137. The Rites and Wrongs of Janice Wills by Joanna Pearson
138. Austerlitz by WG Sebald
139. Scored by Lauren McLaughlin
140. A Flight of Angels by Rebecca Guay
141. Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
142. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
143. Fury by Elizabeth Miles
144. Mercy Lily by Lisa Albert
145. The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen
146. Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne
147. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
148. Cupidity by Caroline Goode
149. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
150. Purge by Sarah Darer Littman
151. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
152. Moonglass by Jessi Kirby
153. First Day on Earth by Cecil Castellucci
154. The Orange Houses by Paul Griffin
155. Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin
156. The Edumacation of Jay Clark by Jay Baker

ReReads:
1. Private by Kate Brian
2. Invitation Only by Kate Brian
3. Untouchable by Kate Brian
4. Confessions by Kate Brian
5. Inner Circle by Kate Brian
6. Legacy by Kate Brian
7. Ambition by Kate Brian
8. Revelation by Kate Brian
9. Paradise Lost by Kate Brian
10. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
11. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
12. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
13. If On a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino
14. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
15. Sea by Heidi R Kling

Because I can, I wanted to talk about some of my favorite blogging moments of the year and reading challenges and all that fun stuff :)

Favorite Author Moments:

Sara, Katie, Me, Courtney, Shanyn, Tirzah
I had some fabulous times at author events. My favorite was definitely Courtney Allison Moulton's launch party. I had a scholarship interview half way there, so I drove up to her launch after that. I not only got to meet Courtney, but also I got to see the fabulous Chelsea again and meet Scott Tracey and Leah Clifford! A bunch of bloggers and I, along with Courtney, Leah, and Scott I went out to eat beforehand. Then at Courtney's launch I also met Aimee Carter! I stayed at Courtney's apartment, and we ended up snowed in. Scott, Leah, Chelsea, and the rest of the people with them tried to leave but the roads were too bad. So basically, we ended up with like 9 people in Courtney's apartment and it was an interesting night.
Courtney's Launch again - I'm the dork who forgot to take off
her nametag.

Another time that was a lot of fun was the Unlucky / Lucky Panel that happened on Friday, May 13! There were a ton of authors there - Sarah Rees Brennan, Christine Johnson, Saundra Mitchell, Leah Clifford, Courtney Allison Moulton, Sara Bennett Wealer, and Lisa and Laura Roecker. Scott Tracey was also there, but not signing since his book wasn't out yet. But regardless, this event was a total blast!


I also got to go to Book Expo America, which was fabulous. I got to see everyone (or almost everyone, I didn't get to see the wonderful Cat this year) which was super awesome! I attended Book Blogger Con which was super fabulous as well. I love being able to see everyone, experience an awesome city, and meet authors. A week of talking just books = awesome.


Another SUPER awesome moment was the fact that LEILA SALES came to Boston! I was so excited to meet her, as I adore her books. I definitely competed with a passage from her book, Mostly Good Girls, my senior year for forensics, which was a ton of fun.

Reading Challenges:

I participated in the Debut Author Challenge, the YA Historical Fiction, and The Dystopian Challenge (which is still ongoing until next June).

Debut Author Challenge: I ended up reading 32 debuts, which is less than I hoped, but I did acquire 40 other debuts that I didn't read, which should count for something, ha.

YA Historical Fiction Challenge: I was shooting for Level 3 which is 15 books, but I only read the amount for Level 2 which was 10 books. But it's still all good :) I read 12/15 I was originally shooting for.

Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian Challenge: This one is on going until next June, but I've read 7/15 so far.

Next  year I'm participating in the YA Historical Fiction Challenge and the Debut Author Challenge once again, but I am also adding the Sophomore Challenge and I am hosting the YA/MG Fantasy Reading Challenge in 2012 :)

I think next year I want to try to read at least 35 debuts. Both this year and last year I acquired like 60+ debuts, but only read around half.

I just feel this year has been so great. I feel my blog grew a lot, I made a ton of new blogging friends, while still remaining friends with people I already knew, and I read a ton of great books. It is those things that make blogging so special, and despite the drama and everything else that happens, it is the good times that make everything worth it :)

Happy last day of 2011 everyone :) Did you have any awesome author moments this year? Or did you succeed in your reading challenges? See you all in the new year!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Herman said...

I tried for 3 challenges.

Debut author challenge I totally failed. I have a lot of the books, but I only read like 6 of them plus a couple I read ARCs of in 2010.

Historical fiction challenge I went over the required number by a ton, so I definitely succeeded there.

My Goodreads general challenge was to read 75 books but I fell behind and changed it to 55 a few weeks ago. Ended up reading 56, maybe 57 if I finish the book I am reading before January 1.

I am trying to do better next year on the general reading challenge at least.

December 31, 2011 at 3:00 AM  
Anonymous Melanie said...

I didn't do any challenges this past year because I burned out on them the year before. I'm giving them another shot this year. A simple one to read 150+ books.

I've been wanting to do a challenge like this simply because I want to know how many books I actually finish. Reading has been a bit slow since college.

You certainly had a great year! Hope 2012 is even better.

December 31, 2011 at 3:22 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I can't believe you read so many books! It's amazing! I used to read quite a bit as well, but this year I only read 71 books. I usually set my goal to 100, but this year it was 50. So I read more than I thought I would this year!

I participated in:

2011 Debut Author Challenge: Read 13 books for the goal of 12. Didn't read as many as I would of liked to, but I finished. =D

A to Z Challenge: Read 21 out of the 26. Some of the books I didn't finish that I had started.

2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge: Read 50 out of my goal of 30! =D

2011 Off the Shelf Challenge: I only read 10 out of the 15. =/

2011 Book Blogger Recommendation: Read 12 of the 15.

and the 2011 350 Page Challenge: I read 21 books for it. No real goal.

This year I will be participating in: Debut Author Challenge, Sophomore Challenge, Off the Shelf, Dystopian Challenge, YA/MG Fantasy, TBR Pile challenge, and YA Contemporary Challenge. I am addicted to challenges, so I may sign up for more....

December 31, 2011 at 3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's wonderful you read 155 books! :) Is that Kristi from The Story Siren in the second pic.?

December 31, 2011 at 7:06 AM  
Anonymous Cat *spirit fingers* Beyond Books said...

There is a slight possibility that I shall be in NYC during BEA time this year. Maybe. I am being pressured by a few people (my husband included). I'm not 100% or even 50% sure yet, but if you're going again, I thought I'd let you know. ;)

Congrats on 155 books! That's amazing as you handled that many books AND school (both kinds, too! HS and Uni!)

I remember you getting snowed in at he CAM event! Ha! It feels like it was only yesterday, too. Not almost a year ago!

Happy New Year, Darling!! May 2012 bring you many awesome SPIRIT FINGERS and happiness! xoxox

December 31, 2011 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow it looks like you had an amazing year. Congrats on all your accomplishments! Hopefully next year will be even better.

December 31, 2011 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger April (BooksandWine) said...

That's amazing, you read all those books AND did college. I know when I was in college, I definitely did not read nearly that much (silly frat parties!). You should be very, very proud.

Nice job, Erica. You rock and it was AWESOME seeing you at BEA this year :-D

December 31, 2011 at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing what you have to say :) :)

Unless of course you are a spammer, then kindly go else where.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home